"My Second Chance"

(His point of view)

My head is spinning. My heart is beating wildly out of control as her words of love sink into my mind. Only yours....Always.....

I had prayed so hard that I would not cry, but that point is now completely moot. For her vow to me has touched the deepest, most sacred and hidden parts of my soul. Her tears, sliding down over her porcelain skin as she presses her lips to my new ring. It is all too much for me. I can do nothing but surrender myself to the overpowering joy and emotion that floods through every precipice of my entire being.

As she lowers my hand, whispering that she loves me, I swallow harshly, almost choking from the enormous strain on my vocal chords. I must now pledge my vows, but how am I to do so if I cannot relocate my voice?

"Prince Loki, now you may present your ring and vows to your bride." The Priest's voice reels me in, forcing me to turn and look back over my shoulder. Thor wears a wide smile as he steps forward and places the ring within my grasp. He pats my shoulder before stepping back to his place at Link's side. I turn to look back down at my beloved, finding her smiling beautifully through her tear-filled almonds. I take her left hand in mine, holding out in front of me just as she had recently done.

I take in a few deep breaths, suddenly feeling a little light-headed. The pounding rhythm of my heart is becoming almost uncomfortable. I place her wedding band just at the tip of her ring finger, letting it linger just over her pearly painted fingernail.

"Christine, I..." I stop, feeling a biting clench grasp at my voice. I swallow yet again, letting my eyes linger on our hands.

"I cannot believe that this is really happening."

She giggles, summoning for my gaze to return to her remarkable green.

"In all my life, especially in my darkening days of a time so long ago, I never would have imagined that I would be standing here, reeling from such a moment." I see a handful of tears rolling down over her left cheek. I watch as they move to her chin and dangle from the edge of her jawline. They linger for only a few seconds before dripping down onto the top of my hand. Their daunting heat spreads through my body, somehow offering me the strength to continue on.

"You said that I was your safe harbor, that I was your light of hope. But I must tell you that, were it not for you, I doubt that I would even be alive today. I would have eventually succumbed to the darkness, wasting away into the abyss that threatened to encompass me." She barely whimpers through her intense gaze before biting her bottom lip.

"I, too, was lost, Christine. I feared that I was beyond all hope. Beyond saving and definitely so far away from ever having the chance to find what you have so graciously given me...." I tighten my grasp on her hand.

"The greatest gift that you could have ever presented to me. And that was your love. Your fiery, unwavering, and completely perfect love."

She shakes her head, faintly grinning as her eyes release more tears from behind her lids.

"In my first few months here, I marveled at you and all of your bewitching and wondrous splendor. The very aura with which you carried yourself instantly captivated my mind. The curious and luring emotions that shone from your beautiful eyes never ceased to take my breath away." I hang my head for a moment, feeling as though I might not be able to say what is on the tip of my tongue.

"I fought you so hard, Christine. I fought your intensity, your dire request to reach out and touch me. I was terrified of you for fear that you might somehow take me hostage and let me down like so many others before. I denied you time and time again, doubting your feelings only for fear that I would be the one that would end up getting burned."

"Loki...." Her gentle whisper wills me to look back up at her.

"But then I learned that you, too, had fears. Weaknesses and horrors as ghastly as my own. I learned that we were truly one in the same in so many ways." I pause once more before taking in a trembling breath and then release it slowly.

"But, ultimately, it was not until I finally grasped the incredible importance of sacrifice and forgiveness, did I realize that your heart truly belonged to me. And that is when I truly think that I was allowed to love you for all that you are." Her sparkling eyes widen just a bit upon hearing my words.

"Your gentle touch, your kindred and whispering voice, your passionate love for all that surrounds you. Your fierce desire to always do the right thing, your devotion to the loyalty of your people. All of these things are but a few of the many, many reasons why I fell so deeply in love with you." I slide the ring down to hover just over her knuckle.

"You have taught me so much, Christine, sometimes, just by allowing me to watch you as you have lived your life. You have taught me that nothing is impossible, that it is alright to love myself for all that I am, flaws and all. You have shown me the way to a new and enlightening future and have completely engulfed the drowning sorrow of my past with your silken blanket of caressing happiness." I finally slide the ring down to its final resting place alongside her engagement stone before staring back up into her eyes.

"You are my second chance, Christine. You are the reason for this wonderful blessing that my life has become. And for that, I pledge that I shall spend the rest of my days, in this life and the next, worshipping only you. For you are the ruler and reigning conqueror of my newly reborn and thriving heart. The angel that has brought the pearly gates of heaven within my reach. I love you, Christine. I love only you....Always...."

As I finish speaking, I hear a multitude of sniffles and whimpers sounding off from around the room. But I do not allow this to hinder my gaze at her. She stares at her rings, beaming as more of her tears drip down onto our now intertwined fingers.

I hear the Priest faintly clear his throat as he summons his own small rhythm of sniffling. He moves back up to stand just in front of us before placing a hand over our clinging fingers.

"With that being said, I ask you, Princess Christine, to reply to my questions." He turns to my Beloved, grinning at her as he wipes his eyes with a small handkerchief.

"Do you, Princess Christine of Medina, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him and to cherish him, in sickness and in health. To share in the good times and bad. Do you swear your unwavering loyalty and support to him? And do you swear to place him above all others in your heart?" She beams up at me, giggling lightly.

"I do." Her confident voice sends a glorious tremor straight through to my heart. He then turns to me.

"Prince Loki, do you accept this woman as your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love and to cherish her, in sickness and in health. To share in good times and bad? Do you swear your unwavering loyalty and support to her? And do you swear to place her above all others in your heart?"

And I more than proudly respond with," I do."

I cannot help but break into an enormous smile as the words pass through my lips. Her eyes light up all the more, returning my expression so flawlessly. The Priest then steps back and away a few paces from us. I had not realized until just now that the King and Queen have made their way up to the altar, followed by two immaculately adorned guards. Each of them has an intricate cushion lying across their open palms, bearing our crowns. I gasp before swallowing hard once more at the sight of their sparkling metal and stones shimmering in the candlelight.

The Queen takes my Beloved's crown within her grasp whilst the King takes my own. They turn to face us, smiling brilliantly as they make their way up the few steps to stand just beside the Priest.

Then, the Priest moves and ushers for Christine and I to turn and face the crowd. I offer her my arm, allowing her to easily weave hers through as we do as he wishes. My eyes scan out over the enormous audience. I clearly see now that so many have shed tears of joy, they are all of them beaming up in our direction. Even my Asgardian friends seem to be shedding a few tears of their own, which is a surprise in itself. I offer them a quick smile before allowing my gaze to move on. My chest swells with astounding pride as I attempt to take in all of my rioting emotions. I feel my angel's muted sobs vibrating through her body as she dips closer into my side. This is truly it.....I cannot believe it.....this is it.......