Punishment

(His point of view)

I stagger back, sending for her touch to leave my face.

THAT FUCKING BASTARD!  HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO ME?! TO HER?! AFTER ALL THAT WE HAVE DONE FOR HIM!

I cannot believe what I have just witnessed, the vivid images from her mind. I saw it as clearly as day.

I stood, completely hypnotized as I watched her fluent figure perched before the children. She sang to them with her lovely voice. But this beautiful moment only lasted for a short time. It faded, then reopened into yet another vision. 

I saw her approach him. I saw how she kindly shared with him our deepest concerns for his well being. She explained to him how she had promised me that she would search for him in my absence. Then, I saw how he took her hand, clinging to it for dear life. I saw as she attempted to pull away from him, pleading for him to release her. But he refused. I saw the tortured agony in his eyes, the look of a man being burned alive. But as soon as I began to actually pity him, my sympathy was vanquished as I saw him lean his forehead against hers whilst tears dripped from his chin. I was forced to watch in petulant vexation as he suddenly lashed out at her, shouting for her to send for the guards. That he did not care if I came to kill him, that he would rather die than live in his Hel. But my angel, in all of her willingness to forgive, attempted to console him; pleading for him to tell her why he had become so hostile. In a last desperate act, she pleaded with him to let her go before it destroyed him. She implored as to what had caused him to turn into a man she no longer knew.

My eyes saw nothing but red as I heard him finally speak as he buried his face into her neck.

"I love you, Christine. I love you so much."

I roared in anger as I saw him press his lips to her neck, just as easily as if she were his to kiss. Then, I heard his most treasonous words as he summoned his whispers.

"He will kill me, but I cannot let you go."

I growled in a storm of conniption upon seeing his hands take hold of her arms, thus giving her those horrid bruises. She immediately began pushing against him, but her attempts were rendered useless as he reached for her face and smashed his lips into hers.

In that moment, I felt like my every internal organ had been ignited in flames. But they were slightly subdued as I saw her wings spread out in a mad fury just before she mightily shoved him away. Then, much to my satisfaction, I watched as she slapped him hard across his cheek. She transformed into my dark angel, completely lashing out at him for betraying my trust. For taking advantage of my willingness to continue to forgive him. I found myself marveling at her confident and strong figure as she hovered over him, screaming that I had done nothing but worry for him only to be repaid by his unlawful and mutinous acts. My heart swelled with pride as she defended me, only thus confirming where her true loyalties lay. With me. Her heart and soul remained true to me.

She shouted that because he had betrayed my leniency, he had also betrayed her; because we were one in the same. And then, I gasped upon hearing her scream at the top of her lungs that she did not love him and that she never would.

"Loki," her voice cuts into my shrouded mind. But I am far too gone within my suffocating animosity to focus on her words. I turn on my heel, heading for the doors.

"Where are you going?!" She shouts. I can hear her footsteps closing in on me as I reach for the door handles.

"To the Forest," I spit between clenched teeth. I open the doors but am forced to a stop as her next words stun me.

"You won't find him there!" she cries. I pivot my head to look at her from over my shoulder. As enraged as I am, I cannot help the slight flicker of light in my core as I see one of her hands resting lovingly over her protruding belly. But I attempt to stay focused as I draw my gaze back up to her face.