Celebrating Our Joy

(Her point of view)

I am feeling so full of love, surrounded by so many new faces as we make our way through the enormous crowd. I am sore pleased that they are so willing to accept me and the new appearance of my future King.

We finally arrive at the huddled group of Odin, my brother, Daegan, Thor and the other warriors. They are all of them positively beaming at me. I reach for Odin first, embracing him warmly. He returns my gesture, chuckling against my ear.

"You truly were born to be a Queen, My Dear," he whispers into my ear. I feel myself blushing against his wrinkled cheek whilst pecking it lightly. As I release him, I reply softly.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." I then turn to embrace Thor. He engulfs me in a bone crushing hug, causing my spine to crack. I laugh through my labored breath. Gods almighty...his hugs might be more torturous than Link's!

He places my feet back down to the ground and pecks me on the forehead. I quietly thank him before moving on to hug the Warriors Three and Sif. Link is next. I almost hesitate, predicting his hug to be just as painful as Thor's. But he only laughs out loud whilst wrapping me tenderly in his arms and pulling me into his chest. I let out a sigh of quiet relief, thankful that he is not going to attempt to crush my insides. We stand like this for a moment as I feel him lightly kiss the top of my head.

"My little sister," he whispers. I pull away before swatting at his shoulder. He laughs all the more, willing me to laugh along myself. Then, finally, I come to Daegan. He is standing in an awkward pose, seeming unsure as to what to do. I shake my head at him, grinning.

"Old habits die hard, do they not?" I ask him. He studies my face, looking slightly afraid. I watch his eyes peer over my shoulder in Loki's direction, almost as if he is asking for his permission to respond. Has Loki seriously instilled so much fear in this man that he is even afraid to speak to me?

I do not turn to look back over at my Prince, as I suddenly see the fear fade away from Daegan's eyes. I presume that he has received the granting nod from his future King. I shake my head again, reaching out to hug his neck.

"Honestly, Daegan. You know that I won't bite," I state quietly into his ear. He chuckles whilst returning my hug, but he does not stay latched onto me for long. No doubt for fear of upsetting Loki with any lingering movement. He releases my waist just as quickly as he embraced it, but he is smiling all the same.

"I'm not so sure sometimes. I have seen your temper at full force, Princess. And besides, if you don't bite, then your King surely might." His words are sincere but I sense a new and great respect and kindness moving deeply behind them. He is terrified of Loki, but that is not the whole reason that he respects him. There is more to this....I can feel it quite plainly. He admires Loki. He admires his strength and his willingness to move on. I still sense a twinge of envy buried deeply within his bones, no doubt from the love that I have given to my Prince. But I will not even let it phase me. It seems that, perhaps, he is changing almost as much as Loki has?

I actually mock punch his chest as I laugh in a casual manner.

"Well, all the same, I am glad that we are now able to be around one another without the environment becoming so hostile." He rears his head back and lets out a roar of laughter.

"Yes and without anyone being flung into stone walls!" He bellows. I hear Loki laughing behind me as he moves up and wraps a protective arm around my waist. I lean into him, wrapping an arm around his strong torso.

"She certainly has a way of never leaving us without surprise," he practically growls in my ear. Oh Loki, you perfectly seductive god..... .