"My King..."

*This chapter contains strong, sexual content. Reader discretion is advised. Enjoy, my Loki lovers!

(Her point of view)

The sun is on its way to bed. The faint golden glow of its final rays stretch through my room, offering a dim shade of light to the walls. I am lying across his chest, smiling against his skin. I am in heavenly bliss, completely surrounded by his strong, loving arms.

My clock chimes. I silently count its dings. Six o'clock....dinner will be served soon.

I sigh, honestly having no desire to move from this spot. I am far too happily sated and quite exhausted from our wonderful hours of love making. I only wish to remain here in his arms, listening quietly as his heart beats against my skin.

"Do you want to go to dinner, my Love?" he asks, tightening his arms around me.

"Mmmmmmm...." is all I can summon in response. He chuckles at my humorless reply. I feel the tips of his fingers running through my hair, sending a harsh chill down my spine and into the new muscles of my wings. My feathers flutter beneath his divine touch.

"It is my brother and the Asgardians' last night to dine with us. Do you not think we should at least make an appearance?" He questions. I can hear the grin in his voice. He makes a valid point, but I do so want to stay here.

I sigh again. The right thing would be to attend dinner and show my appreciation to the soldiers. For without their efforts, Loki might never have found me.

"I suppose we should go. I am truly thankful for them and for what they have done. I do not wish to come across as ungrateful. Although, I would much rather stay here with you." He laughs at the depressed tone of my voice.

"We do not have to stay long, Angel. Let us just go and have dinner. Mingle for a little while. Then, we can return here and do whatever you wish." I smile into his chest as a heated blush surfaces upon my cheeks. I raise my head up, grinning down at him.

"Whatever I wish?"

His mouth turns up in my favorite sly grin, sending my heart into a plundering rhythm of beats.

"Whatever you wish, my Darling." He brings a hand up and brushes his fingertips over my lips. I close my eyes, silently cursing myself for agreeing to go.

"Very well. Let's go then. The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get back. So long as you keep your promise. We do whatever I want when we return." He raises his head up from off of the blankets beneath us. His lips melt into mine, forcing a moan to drag out of my mouth.

"I am looking forward to it, My Queen," he whispers before kissing me once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(His point of view)

We have just left the banquet hall, heading back up to her chambers. I am holding tight to her hand, never intending to let go.

Dinner was delicious, and I have to admit, I am glad that we went. It was so good to see all of the men happily dining and rejoicing over our victory and the return of our beloved Princess. Christine remained an absolute jewel in her confident and proud new stature. Her wings only added to the majesty of her figure, practically glowing beneath the thousands of candles' flickering flames. I never released her once, keeping an arm protectively laced around her waist at all times.

During dinner, we briefly discussed with the King that the burial services for the fallen Medinian warriors would be held in two day's time. That would give us plenty of time to escort Thor and his men back to Asgard and return home. I know that my darling Love is dreading the ceremony, as am I. But it is something that must be done. I know it breaks her heart that so many have died. But we must honor them for their sacrifices. And I know that she appreciates them far more than people realize. It will be a sad day, but at least we can lean on each other for comfort. She has already said that she wishes for a monument to be built in Town Market Square in their honor. Of course, I happily agreed with this.