Ambush

(His point of view)

She moves up behind me. I feel her arms take hold of my waist from behind as she peers over my shoulder.

"Oh my gods..." Her gasping whisper sends for my spine to tingle in a most uncomfortable manner.

"What is happening?!" She hisses. I feel her tighten her hold on me as she draws herself in closer to my body. At first I do not know how to answer, but I am immediately reminded of whom could be responsible for uttering such chaos upon the golden city. And in my heart, I know without a doubt, that we are being ambushed. Ambushed by none other than Muslepheim.
With this realization comes a detrimental fear that grips at my heart. My entire being is flooded with anger but most of all, immense concern. Concern for the safety of my wife and daughter, how to keep them safe and away from the obvious war that has broken out below us.

Even from the great distance of my balcony, I can clearly see the demons of fire scattering about, wreaking havoc and mayhem upon my homeland. I see women running whilst clinging to their crying children, desperately searching for a hiding place. Several Asgardian warriors and villager men alike are already beginning to fill the cobble stoned streets, doing their best to retaliate and fight back. But there is nowhere near enough to contain the swarms of fiery monsters that are flooding the city.

"Loki...." Her shaky voice breaks through my concentration. I turn and take hold of her arms, staring right into her widened eyes.

"We must find Thor. He will be the one to convene the army and lead us into battle. And I have to get you and Livianah somewhere safe." She nods with determined eyes before pulling away from my grasp. We both quickly dress and adorn our cloaks. Then, I watch as she runs to our daughter and scoops her still slumbering form up into her arms. She wraps a thick blanket around her before scurrying back to my side.

"Loki, I have to-," But her voice is drowned out as an ear splitting explosion sounds off through the air.

"Come on! We must go!" I shout before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the doors.

We sprint down the hallway. I never release her one hand as she clings to Livianah with her other. As we run, I can hear horrified screaming and the eerie pelts of clashing weapons. They sound closer than I feared....they must have clearly already breeched the inner city walls. How is that possible?! How did they get past Heimdall's ever watchful eye?

We finally make it to the throne room where I find Thor, Father, and several warriors yelling over the rioting noise. As soon as we make it to their side, I can clearly make out that my brother is already appointing orders to everyone. I vaguely hear him shouting that the palace must remaim guarded at all times and for not a single demon to be allowed passage alive. His eyes only briefly lock with mine. But as soon as he spots my wife and daughter, his expression goes from firm and blood thirsty to terrified.

"Loki! You must get them out of here! If they are spotted...."

"I know, Thor. We came here first because I need your permission to use the bifrost. I must get them there as quickly as possible before they are seen. The sooner the better as the inner city has already been breached. They will be attempting to ransack the palace in no time, and Christine cannot use her power to defend herself or Livianah. You know what would happen if she did....If they discovered her gifts...."

"Oh, to hel with hiding me, Loki! I am not just going to tuck tail and run whilst everyone else around me fights!" She suddenly shouts before grabbing my shoulder. I jerk my head in her direction, narrowing my eyes at her with stern order. Upon meeting my dominant gaze, her worried expression phases to one of equally unyielding command. I can already see those hard headed wheels of hers turning behind her bold and scorching eyes. She is not going to go down without a fight.....