Butterflies at Sunset

(Her point of view)

There are gasps from all around the room as I make my way out of the bathing chambers. The rustles of my new wedding dress whisper from behind me with each step that I take.

"Christine!" Kendha's arms find me first.

"You look...." she pauses, almost as though she truly cannot find the will to speak any longer. She releases her loving embrace from around my shoulders, ushering me away so that she can scan my figure up and down.

"Magnificent. Perfectly perfect in every single way." I blush, thanking her before I am swarmed by my other cherished bridesmaids. Each of them take turns embracing me, showering me with their doting compliments. I allow my eyes to take in each of their own appearances. They, all of them, look as angelic visions in their flowing gowns of pastel pink. Flawless and graceful.

I hear a chipper giggle sounding off above their many surrounding voices. I instantly smile, laughing as I turn to see that little Christiana is bounding toward me in all of her precious curls and dress of ivory ruffles. She looks just as much like an angel as my darling Rehema. She wraps an arm around my leg through the fabric of my gown, clinging to her tiny flower basket with the other.

"Do you like my dress, Christiana?" I ask, leaning down to kiss her forehead. She giggles loudly, nodding with so much enthusiasm that we all have to laugh at her. I kneel down in front of her, taking her hand in mine.

"Now you have a very important job to do today, my little one. Remember, you spread the petals out over the floor like we practiced. Then, when your Father reaches for your hand, you give him Uncle Loki's ring." She nods, taking on a more serious facial expression. Almost as if she is registering that this might be the most important order that she will ever receive. I marvel at the sudden stern gaze she offers me. Then, she looks down into her basket; a quizzical furrow moves over her tiny brow.

"Where is my ring?" she asks in her gentle voice. I giggle quietly, turning to look over in Branye's direction. She nods before turning to head for my jewelry box. I watch as she opens the top drawer, lifting the small velvety pouch of emerald shade from within its confinements. Loki's ring. The ring that I had Gimba fashion from the caverns of the mountain, just as my ring had been. I had selected only the finest of gold metals; majestic, sturdy and everlasting in its vibrant metal.

She moves to my side before handing me the pouch. I take it from her, but instead of placing it within my niece's basket, I hand it over to Kendha. Christiana is very bright, but I would feel much better allowing my sister to keep a hold on it until the time for it to be carried down the aisle.

"Your Mother is going to hold onto it until it is time for you to take it to your Father. But you may hold these and guard them." I wave my hand in the air, summoning forth an enormous bundle of luscious pastel pink and yellow rose petals. She squeals with delight as they fill her basket. I peck her on the cheek before moving to stand. I make my way over to my three-way mirror, standing just in the center as I see my triplet affect staring back at me. I feel my eyes widen as I take in the astounding and almost unfamiliar woman before my eyes, as I hardly recognize her. Her green eyes glow so brightly beneath the pearly creams of eye shadow and pink blush. Her red lips burst forth as a ripened pomegranate; resting within the olive tone of her skin. Her dark, brown hair is pulled over into a graceful sideways bundle of loose curls, hovering just above her left shoulder. Her shoulders are proud and poised as the neck line of the gown is strapless and heart-shaped; complimenting their flawless strength and sign of royalty. The silky gown is tightly fit, hugging her body until just below her hips. It flares out gently, creating a river of silken ivory. As I turn to allow myself a better view of the back, I peer around my wings. I see that the dress dips down, completely backless to the mid-section just below my wing base. And as my eyes travel down further, I see that Branye has sewn in a precious fine layer of lace over the train. It is delicately ornate with pearls and diamonds. And there, at the very tip of the train, I can make out even smaller specks of dazzling, forest green. Emeralds. She has sewn emeralds into my dress! These were not here before when I had been fitted for the gown!