Closure in the Night

(His point of view)

It has been a magical and beyond wonderful five days here in my old home of Asgard. My beloved and Livianah have been positively doted on by everyone around them. Father glows with so much adoration each and every time that he holds our daughter. And Thor gleams just as brightly. Even the Warriors Three and Lady Sif have taken to cherishing our precious infant. But I do not think that anyone can match my shining jubilance as I walk alongside my little family. It feels so incredible to show everyone in all the golden kingdom what I have obtained in my immense alteration. I have a perfectly flawless angel as a wife and a Queen. We have a breath taking daughter that we have created together in love. I am King of a prosperous and mighty land and am now surrounded by so many that I love. Not only that, but they love me so powerfully in return. My life has become so very heavenly that it is still hard to believe that it is real.

In the time we have been here, I have taken Christine and little Livianah around to the various villages within Asgard's walls. Each and every citizen worships my family and me just as much as they worship their own King. I feel slightly selfish in admitting that I do so relish in their widened stares upon seeing my beautiful wife's wings flowing out behind her. They gaze at her with utmost respect and awe. I cannot help but gleam with extreme pride upon seeing this. For it simply further confirms what I have always known. That she is, in fact, a marvel. A miraculous splendor of perfected artwork. And I love knowing that she is all mine. Always.

On the second day, my beloved asked that whilst out on our ventures, if we could stop by and pay a visit to the small red-headed girl called Abriella. For I had not forgotten the promise she made with the child that upon returning, she would come see her. And of course, I willingly agreed to grant her wish. I would do anything for my angel's happiness. And I was truly overjoyed to see my beloved's face light up once we reached the little girl's small home. She doted on Abriella with hugs and kisses before even allowing her to hold Livianah for a brief time. I marveled at my wife's astounding sweetness, not only towards this one child, but to everyone around her. It did not matter if they were royal or commoner. She paid each and every single person with the same kindness and courtesy. Thus only proving that she would always make a most magnificent Queen. She honestly sees no difference between the Allfather and the local blacksmith. Thor and the baker. Lady Sif and the seamstress. In her eyes, they are all the same. This never ceases to amaze me, for I was brought up to believe that all of us royals were far higher up than anyone else. But Christine does not see it that way, and I know that she never shall. Her heart truly has no limits in giving love. She is a perfect and positively wonderful in every way.

On the third day, Thor asked for me to attend battle training with him for old time's sake. And I was actually surprised to find myself looking forward to it. I left my little family in the care of Lady Sif, who chose to pass on her sessions of war for the day so as to be able to spend time with my beloved and daughter. I know that Christine loved this, for she has grown very fond of Sif. And I can tell that Sif feels much the same for my darling Queen. It is strange to think that I once thought that I loved the lady warrior. That seems like so many ages ago. Almost another lifetime. But now, all that I see when I look at Sif is a cherished friend and sister in arms. Nothing more.

That evening, after dinner, Father requested my presence alone in his chambers. At first, I was a little wary for he very seldom ever asked for my attendance unless I had done something that displeased him. But upon entering into his golden room, I found him inclined in his bed, gazing out through his window at the stars. He wore a peaceful expression of reminiscing happiness, thus sending for me to immediately become easeful. Upon reaching his side, I bowed my head before sitting down on the edge of the bed. He then went on to softly speak of happy times with my Mother, of the joyful occasions of Thor's birth and of my adoption. The pride he felt as he watched us grow and learn of different things. He only stated one saddening fact, and that was that he regretted not spending more time with my Asgardian brother and myself as we matured into young men. He felt as though he had missed out on so much in attempts to be the best King that he could be. But he also stated that he was thankful that he had Mother for this. For she was always there to support us in any time that we needed. I, myself, will never be able to express my gratitude for her kindness or her love. She was always so loving and caring; never once did she turn her back on me. Even when I deserved it.

I stayed with Father for many hours, talking of different things. Of Mother, of my life on Medina. We discussed Christine's pregnancy and the trying but miraculous birth. I even discussed the more unpleasant subject of Daegan. Mainly out of pure curiosity as to what Father would have done were he in my shoes. And much to my astonishment, he stated that he would have done the exact same things that I had done. But he also agreed with my beloved that Daegan could not continue to go unpunished. Something had to be done. Either have him executed or completely exiled from the land of Medina altogether. The question remained, however. Where would I banish him to? Or....would it be simpler to just end his life?

My head tells me that I should just send for his death, grieve the loss of a brother, and be done with it. But my heart tells me that he does not deserve to die. That he should have a chance to find happiness and good life somewhere else. Much like I have done.

As I sat and silently pondered these things, it immediately brought me to yet another fact of epiphany. Had Father gone through with his original plan of my execution, I would never have been sent flying out through the void of space. I would never have landed on Medina's soil. And....I never would have met HER.

The pain that grasped my heart from these excruciating thoughts nearly took my breath away. And I was then left with no other choice but to finally say something that I never thought I would. I thanked my Father for what he did. His decision to banish me was, by far, the best thing that he could have ever done to help save me. But the real and true enlightening moment came only after I told him this. As I finished my words, I turned to gaze at his tired face, finding tears soaking his wrinkled cheeks. He looked at me with so much love that I almost felt tears of my own wanting to birth. But I fought them in aims to stay strong for him. He took in a lingering breath before he spoke the words that caught me completely off guard.

"It was your Mother's dying wish, Loki. She begged for me to not send you to your death. Because she had faith in you. Faith that you could still become the man you were born to be. And because you are my son, and because I, too, dared to have a glimmer of faith, I agreed to honor her request." My throat closed in upon hearing him say those things. Even though I had somehow known it all along, I cannot begin to describe the feelings that crashed into my being upon hearing him confirm his faith in me. And of course, my beloved Mother's faith in my as well. 

We continued to speak only a short time longer before I noticed his eyelids growing heavy. I patted his shoulder before bidding him goodnight. But just before I left his chambers, I heard him barely whisper through the darkening night," I love you, My Son." I pretended that I did not hear him, as my tears were already brimming. I immediately moved out from within the confinements of his chambers and into the hallway, feeling my chest practically collapsing with emotion. And as I collected myself and began walking back towards my own chambers, more racing thoughts came rushing in.

Perhaps I had once been too self-centered and selfish to realize that I truly have always had their love all along. Perhaps it was I who hated myself so much that I honestly would not let anyone else love me. Even before I became aware of my Jotun heritage, I had always felt different. Like no one truly understood or loved me for who I truly was. This only left me feeling empty inside, lonely and unwilling to accept anyone's true friendship. I trusted no one, I longed for no one. No one else, at least, until SHE broke through my barrier. Before she latched herself onto my heart and refused to let go. Before my entire world shifted into the most mesmerizing heaven that I could have ever hoped for. And ultimately, as I walked down the hall in the direction of my precious family, I was left with only realizing the simple fact once more.

I am who I am today because of her.....Because she was never willing to give up on me. Even when I attempted to push her away, she has always come back with open arms. When I have hurt her or doubted her, she has always been there to let me back in. She, too, had such a powerful faith in me, even when I felt as though all hope was lost. And because of her unconditional faith, I am who I was born to be.

Christine....my dark angel. My Queen. My wife. My true love.

My savior.....