Freedom From Fear

(His point of view)

I close my eyes before immediately transporting myself to their aid. As I reappear, I am standing at the foot of the palace steps, separating my Medinian brothers from the demon.

Helblindi halts in his advance, staggering in shock as he takes in my appearance. He falters, taking a slight step back. His spears of ice fall to his sides as he seems to be struggling to keep his shoulders straight. My rage soars as I take in his monstrous form. To think what he has done to her..... This satanic creature....what he put her through.

"Loki!" I hear Daegan shout.

"What happened to you?! You're covered in blood! And where is Christine?! Did you find her?!" Pain pierces my heart upon hearing his questions, but I ignore him, only taking a step closer to the demon gawking at me. He eyes me as I come up to the first step, glowering in utter hatred. His stunned expression only lasts for a few moments before it melts into one of a most sinister grin. He observes my figure, no doubt befuddled by my blue skin.

"Well, well. Who do we have here? The lost and forgotten son of Laufey." He chuckles whilst allowing his weapons to melt away. What is he playing at?

"I see you have finally embraced your true form, Brother," he sneers, showing his blinding white teeth. I hiss at him. I sense Daegan and Link coming up behind me until they are standing next to either of my shoulders.

"Have you finally come to accept my generous offer, Loki? Now that you have suffered your precious Medinian army to war and ruin, will you become our King?" I unsheathe my sword, bringing it out in front of me.

"Never." My voice is oozing with hostility. He shakes his head at me.

"Then you will die as one of them," he seethes. "If I cannot use you to get what I want, then you are of no more use to me than she is." Is? Does he not know that she is....

I can hardly bare to will myself to think it once again.......dead........

"So I noticed," I growl at him, taking another step forward as I shove my pain to the back of my mind.

"You never truly meant to keep her as your Queen, did you? You only stole her as leverage. To find a way to convince me to return." He rears his head back, cackling menacingly.

"Oh, Brother. You are a foolish one. Of course I aimed to make her a Jotun Queen. But the fact of the matter is, I found out rather quickly that she is far too stubborn and fiery for me. I like a woman who is more willing to give in to my needs, yes?" My fingers tighten around the hilt of my sword. My teeth grind together as the image of her broken body flashes before my eyes.

"And if they do not give in to you, you take it no matter. Am I right?!" I yell, growling through my barred teeth. His smirk falters as he studies my face.

"I know what you did to her, Helblindi. I have already found her down in that hel of a dungeon that you held her prisoner in." I take in a deep breath, steadying myself for what is about to come out of my mouth.

"Tell me, was is it your true intent to only torture her to the brink of death? Or did you plan on actually killing her?!" I hear Link and Daegan gasp loudly in synchronization.

"WHAT?!" Link's thunderous voice carries out over the glacial air.

"NO!" Daegan cries. I hold up an arm, stopping them both before they do anything rash. Helblindi's blue face seems to pale beneath my words.

"You lie..." he snarls. His already villainous grimace deepens, but it is now mixed with emotions of disbelief and.....Do I detect....sorrow?