thirty one

This ain't no short story no more 😂😭

"She kissed you right in front of me," Lane laughs as we circle around the church for the third time.

The service has ended and the choir's band is packing up their things while most of the adults are still inside eating mini sandwiches and talking about what would happen if Donal Trump was voted.

It wouldn't be very good, in their opinion.

"I wasn't expecting it, I don't even know what happened, and I didn't want to shove her off me, why do you think this is funny?" I cock my eyebrows at Lane as he lets out a loud chuckle.

"I don't think it's funny, I actually think it's pretty hot," Lane shrugs as we both come to a halt in front of his car.

I laugh at his comment. I'd always heard it everywhere, guys think lesbians are pretty hot. Does he think I'm hot? I'm not even a lesbian, why was I having these thoughts? At least I don't think I am.

Gabi hadn't tried to contact me since it happened, and I'm assuming she didn't tell Kim because if she did, Kim would be blowing my phone up with notifications.

"You know what I just want to forget about it," I shrug and Lane pulls me into a warm embrace.

He seems much taller than me, and maybe it's just how I'm feeling today. I feel small. Like the world is a vacuum trying to suck me in, and I'm not ready for anything that plans to come after this.

"Do you want to go get some frozen yoghurt?" Lane asks and I question him considering it's December, frozen yoghurt isn't going to work for me.

"It's literally four degrees out here, why frozen yoghurt?" I speak into his chest as he tucks his chin onto my head.

"What do you want then, Starbucks?" He pulls back with a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah actually, I'd prefer to go to Starbucks, considering the fact that I'm cold and have no jacket." I complain but still remain amused.

"Here." He opens the door to his car and pulls out a grey blazer that's probably five sizes too big for me but I still wear it and thank him.

"You're welcome," He places a kiss on my forehead and that seems to send warmth around my skin.

We tell his mum we'd be leaving before the rest of the adults and our siblings, she doesn't mind as she tells me she'll be sure to tell my own mum we left.

"Do you mind if I turn up the heat?" Lane asks probably because he's cold.

I didn't even take into consideration what he was wearing before I agreed to taking his jacket, but in all truth he looks fine.

His sleeves are rolled up to his elbows, and his biceps look strong underneath the thin material of the shirt.

"It's your car, turn up the heat," I smile and try to be polite as we both reach for the heat control knob, my hand jerks away.

"Sorry-" I start.

"You don't have to be so awkward around me you know," He beams at me and I can't even take offence to what he's said, due to the sparkling shine coming from his teeth.

I just smile as he places his hand on my thigh, I feel his heat through my black jeans.