TonyxReader➳Broken

Words: 552

Warnings: Anxiety

A/N: This is the last one shot... It's sad to see this book go but I promise this won't be the last of me XD This one shot is really personal for me in terms of the anxiety so I hope you all like it :) Also, if you haven't already, I would listen to "A Little Too Much" by Shawn Mendes because it makes me want to cry in a sweet and understanding way! Stand by for large A/N chapter to say thanks and goodbye for now!

------------------------

Something about the way Tony had been acting lately told you something was up. Pepper had left him a few months ago but since he went to lunch with Rhodey he hadn't been the same. You walked into the extravagant building that was owned by Tony when you realized the top floor seemed to be empty. You marched towards the lab and saw the door unlocked and noticed Tony's workspace was left in an uncharacteristic mess.

'Tony-' You called out as you walked closer.

You heard a soft whimper from further down the hall and knew that was the direction of the billionaire's room. You padded towards it and walked in only to see a shaking figure under the sheets.

'Stark?' You whispered as you walked towards the lump.

You pulled back the sheets slightly and saw that he was crying silently as he took in deep breathes. He had only confided in you about his anxiety problem because of your personal struggle with it.

'Tell me what's up.' You mumbled as you crawled next to him.

He opened his eyes and, unlike usual, his eyes were sad and broken.

'I-I can't say it.' He merely croaked out.

You sighed in understanding and pulled him closer to you. Laying down next to him you let him cuddle against your body and played with his brunette tassels of hair. You hummed softly hoping it would relax him until he looked up at you allowing his puppy dog eyes to bear into your own orbs.

'C-Can you sing?' He whispered.

You smiled sadly at him but nodded.

'Sometimes it all gets a little too much,

But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,

And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,

And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much.'

You sang the first song that came to mind and realized how much it probably meant to Tony. His breathing steadied as the lyrics to Shawn Mendes' song carried out and he finally sat up slightly and rubbed his red, puffy eyes.

'Thanks.' He said looking down, obviously embarrassed.

'Hey, there's no reason for you to feel embarrassed.' You said placing a warm hand on his cheek and forcing him to look at you.

'Just as the song said "sometimes it all gets a little too much".' You said softly.

He smiled halfheartedly before hugging you.

'I love you.' He muttered.

Your body stiffened until he whispered in your ear.

'We don't have to be ordinary.'

You laughed lightly at the Shawn Mendes song reference until you realized Tony was being serious.

'(Y/N), you seem like the only one to understand how I feel and I really do love you for that.' He said taking your hands in his own.

You blushed before he lent in and pecked your lips.

'I love you for so many other things but the way we connect has to be my favourite, besides your gorgeous smile, or marvelous personality.' He cooed.

You smiled before pecking his lips again.

'It's nice to see a sweet side to a billionaire.'

'Broken can be mistaken for sweet.' He replied.

'We're all broken in one way or another.' You said.

He sighed before hugging you tightly.

'Then let us fix each other.'

------------------

Social Media

Instagram: @sabrinademelo.wattpad

Twitter: @DeMeloWattpad