StevexReader➳Fireworks

Words: 1129

Warnings: none

Requested by: Marvel_Is_Perfection (She wrote me an amazing Tony one shot so check her out xx)

A/N: This book reached 30K and I think I'm going to pass out! Also, Rogers and Stark finally made it to 1K so thank you all so so so much! Find me on Twitter @DeMeloWattpad or Instagram @sabrinademelo.wattpad

----------------------

You'd been dating the super soldier, Steve Rogers, for two years now when you got into your biggest fight. It was your anniversary and you'd been planning a special date night for Steve and yourself when he decided to hang out with Tony and the gang. You waited in your favourite dress for hours on end until he finally arrived.

'Where have you been?' You hissed when he walked through the door of your apartment.

He looked taken aback until he realized what he'd forgotten.

'I'm so sorry-' He said before you stormed past him.

'I'm going to bed.' You muttered.

He grabbed your wrist and spun your around before tears fell from your eyes.

'Why're you so sensitive?' He asked.

Was he serious? You scoffed before angrily pulling away from his grasp and wiping your tears away.

'Because Steve, you've made these two years great for me and I wanted to celebrate!' You snapped.

He looked at you blankly before backing away.

'God, Peggy never got this sensitive.' He mumbled.

'Peggy?' You whispered with a tinge of hurt in your voice.

He looked at your and puffed his chest out.

'Yes, Peggy.' He boldly said.

'Steve, I can't be Peggy and you know that! Do you not think I've tried to make you like me for me and not because I try and be Agent Carter like the rest of the girls that throw themselves at you?' You said disregarding the trailing tears on your face.

'(Y/N), Peggy was so strong and independent that she would never have reacted like a child just because I missed a simple anniversary!' He snapped back.

That was the final straw for you. Grabbed your coat and purse, pulled on some shoes before snagging your car keys off of the rack and marching towards the door.

'Where are you going?' He shouted after you.

'Away.' You simply replied before slamming your car door shut and speeding down the street.

Steve watched the car turn the corner before slamming his fist on the door out of anger. He knew he'd done it this time and he couldn't bear the thought of loosing you; the only woman he'd grown to love besides Peggy Carter. Sure, he compared you to the 1940's girl he called his love but you were different then Peg just as much as you were similar. Steve grabbed his phone and punched in the first number that came to mind when it came to relationship issues; Tony Stark's number.

'Rogers? You just left my house, miss me already?' Tony joked.

'Tony, I really messed up.' Was all Steve said before Tony realized how serious he actually was.

'Where's the body?' Tony said after a silent moment.

Steve ran a hand through his hair angrily before replying to the billionaire.

'I didn't kill someone! I did kill my relationship with (Y/N) though.' He shouted.

Tony gasped before hastily replying.

'Rogers, she's the first girl you've gone out with that I approve of so you better get her back!' Tony shouted back.

'I know that! That's why I'm calling you!' Steve shouted back.

Tony thought for a moment before smiling wide.

'I'm might have a way to get her back.' He said with a devious grin.

*

You weren't sure where you were going but you just kept driving. The gleaming street lights danced all around you as your black car came to a halt at a stop light. You turned on your radio only for the station to change suddenly, earning a frightened jump from yourself.

'(Y/N) (Y/L/N), this is Tony Stark speaking and I know you're listening because I can see you right now. Follow my directions or I'll be forced to bring you to your final destination myself.' Tony's voice rang through the speakers.

You furrowed your brow before looking all around as if searching for a way he might know you're listening.

'Fine.' You muttered.

'That's what I thought.' He replied smugly.

He began giving you directions until you arrived at the pier; the place you met Steve. You got out of the car and finally caught sight of Tony. He was hovering in the air, probably testing his Mark 42 suit, until he saluted you and flew away. You looked around and saw a candle lit dinner set up at the end of the dock.

'Miss (Y/L/N), would you like me to escort you to your table?' A voice in a mocking English accent said making you spin around.

Clint stood with his arm ready for you to link. You let out a laugh before taking his arm and walking along the harbour. He pulled your chair out for you only for Bruce to appear with a bottle of champagne.

'May I offer you some sparkling champagne?' He asked with a grin.

You nodded as he poured two glasses and handed one to you. You looked around and noticed Clint had left and Bruce was retreating.

'What's this all about?' You called out to no one specific.

Silence.

'I'm serious-' You began before you heard music begin to play.

You furrowed your brows and looked around only to see Natasha whisper yelling at Thor as to where he should be placing his fingers on the piano. You laughed lightly at the sight before you saw him; Steve walked down the pier with a bunch of roses and a simple black suit.

'I'm so sorry-' Was the first thing he said when he approached you.

You felt a tear fall from your eye. Unlike the ones that he'd caused before, these tears were of joy, not pain.

'Steve, I should be sorry-' You began before he pulled you into a hug and caressed your slightly messy hair.

'No, I'm always comparing you to Peg when you're the most amazing woman I know. I love you so much (Y/N) and I'd never want to lose you.' He rambled on into your ear.

You sighed contently before replying.

'I love you too, Steve.'

He smiled before pecking your lips and leading you to the table where Bruce and Clint had set out a simple meal.

'How'd you get them all in on this?' You asked looking around.

'I've got my ways.' Steve replied before lights filled the sky.

You looked around and noticed Tony was shooting his repulsers trying to form a firework show.

'Should we tell him that he just looks like he's malfunctioning?' You whispered to Steve.

'No, I think we should let him have his fun.' Steve replied with a chuckle.

Who knew your anniversary dinner would be served to you by two of the Avengers as another two played the piano and the last on failed to make fireworks? I guess it all comes with dating Captain America.