StevexReader➳Ferris Wheel

Words: 412

Warnings: Anxiety

Dedicated to: PaytonRaae (she wrote a surprise one for me so I think she was due for one... especially after her over kind words!)

------------------

You walked nervously around the carnival. You hated busy places but the only thing that made you more anxious were roller coasters.

'We're going to head for the ferris wheel.' Tony said taking Peppers hand and leading her away.

The rest of the Avengers followed leaving you and your best friend, Steve Rogers.

'Want to go?' He asked.

You were beyond stressed by agreed anyways. Steve was your crush and passing up this opportunity would make you kick yourself later. You climbed aboard and were pushed a little when Steve squished in next to you.

'Are you alright?' He asked after a moment of your tense posture.

'I-I just really don't like heights.' You mumbled nervously.

You squinted your eyes shut and tried to stay as still as possible. You felt Steve wrap a strong arm around you and relaxed ever so slightly.

'Why did you agree to come?' He whispered.

You paused your breathing routine and spoke softly.

'I couldn't pass up the offer-' You said before realizing how embarrassing that sounded.

You were having a panic attack next to your crush and on top of that you just spoiled that you liked him. You felt the wheel stop after a while and opened your eyes to see you were at the top.

'Oh god..' You mumbled as your eyes clamped shut again.

Steve smiled at your nervousness but only because he was happy you liked him back.

'(Y/N)-' He said softly.

'Mhm.' You replied.

'Look-' He said pointing towards the sunset.

You opened your eyes briefly and saw the sun turning a beautiful pink color. You smiled before the wheel moved and you guys continued moving.

'I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward.' You mumbled with your eyes closed again.

Steve merely smiled at your concern and moved subtly closer.

'Steve?' You said opening one of your eyes.

You blushed when you saw how close he was to you.

'I like you too.' He said.

You opened your eyes in shock and turned your body so you were facing him.

'Holy shi-' You said holding your breathe as the compartment moved.

You were about to cry from all the nerves when Steve kissed you softly.

'Just look at me.' He said in an attempt to calm you down.

He placed his fingers under your chin and as you looked into his blue eyes you relaxed. Once the ride was done you clambered out.

'Do you actually like me?' He asked.

You simply nodded and took his hand.

'Hey! I saw that smooch up there!' Clint called out as he passed.

You blushed rapidly but Steve simply grinned.