BuckyxReader➳I Know I Love You

Time Period: Before Cap and Bucky go to war

Words: 302

Warnings: None

--------------------

'Bucky slow down!' You yelled trying to catch up to your best friend.

He ran in the rain pulling you along until you both were in a covered alley.

'Scared of a little rain, (Y/N)?' He asked with a smirk.

You smirked back before whacking him playfully in the arm. You squinted to get a better view of the street while you're hand acted as a shield from the rain.

'I feel bad for ditching Steve.' You muttered.

'He's to slow.' Bucky said leaning on the brick wall.

You moved towards the street until you felt someone grab your hand.

'Where are you going?' Bucky asked.

'I-I just wanted to see if Steve was coming.' You said as your heart fluttered.

Bucky seemed oblivious to the fact that you'd had a crush on him since the day his family moved next door in third grade. Bucky let go of your hand somewhat reluctantly before looking into your eyes.

'(Y/N), I haven't got much time before I need to go.' He whispered.

You knew he was referring to the war but did your best to forget about it.

'I'm going to miss you so much.' You said embracing him.

You both wore soaked clothes yet the warmth of his body seemed to keep you at a comfortable temperature.

'Promise you'll come home?' You asked pulling back and looking up at him.

He tucked a piece of wet hair behind your ear and leaned in. Your stomach did a flip flop as his lips pressed softly again yours but you kept your cool and kissed him back.

'I promise.' He whispered after he pulled back and your foreheads rested together.

Despite the topic of conversation you managed so smile.

'I think I love you, Bucky.' You said in a hushed voice.

'I know I love you.' He said before kissing you again.