StevexReader➳I'll Never Leave You➳Part 2

Words: 671

Warnings: None

Requested by: My main girl PaytonRaae who wanted a part 2 :)
---------------------

Just as he'd said before, Steve came back with ice for your knee. It'd been a few days since you both confessed your feeling for each other and you could tell he was just as awkward about it as you. Today, you planned to watch a movie with the Avengers while you rested your bum knee.

'I'm thinking What's Your Number.' Steve said holding up the DVD.

Everyone rolled their eyes before Tony grabbed the case from his hand and tossed it to the side.

'Just because you look like the guy doesn't mean we should watch it every movie day.' He sassed back.

Steve frowned before taking the only open seat left, next to you. Much to everyone else's objection, Tony choose The Bodyguard. As soon as the movie was put in and the lights dimmed, you felt yourself drifting to sleep.

*

'Please wake up-' You heard someone hiss in your ear as you were lifted from the couch and run from the room.

You groggily looked around and saw the tower on fire; that was new. You looked at the person carrying you and smiled slightly when you saw Steve.

'Get yourself out of here, I'm fine.' You said knowing the chance of you both getting out was low.

'I'm not leaving you.' He muttered before pushing through a door and finding the stairs.

He sprinted down the stairs, sweat beading down his face due to the heat provided by the flames.

'What about the rest of the group?' You asked.

'They already got out.' He said out of breathe.

Why was the super soldier having such a hard time breathing? He stumbled onto the ground floor and you were taken by a firefighter before Steve's vision went spotted with black dots.

'We've got a case of smoke inhalation.' You hear someone yell.

You tried your hardest to get to Steve, to let him know it'd be okay but it was no use, the firefighters were already restraining you to the gurney. They put a mask on your mouth to make sure your breathing stayed steady and that's the last thing you remembered before you awoke in the hospital.

'Steve-' You said jolting upright in your bed.

You looked around and saw the white walls of the hospital room you appeared to be in.

'I need to see Steve.' You mumbled to yourself swinging your legs over the side of the bed.

You put pressure but your injured knee and the cold floor was too much for you to handle at the moment. You sat back in your bed and felt tears fall from your eyes, what if Steve wasn't okay? You were the one he was trying to save and he might be dead thanks to it. Your sobs got uncontrollable when the curtain next to your bed was slashed open in one swift movement.

'(Y/N), are you alright?' You heard someone croak making your head snap towards them.

You looked over and saw Steve; all of the Avengers surrounded his bed with small bumps and bruises.

'Why are you crying?' He asked with a frown.

'I-I thought you were dead.' You said looking down.

He sat straighter and grabbed Clint for support as he wobbled over to your bed.

'I promised before that I'll never leave you and I'm a man of my word.' He said wiping your tears away with his thumbs as he cupped your face with his hands.

You looked down shyly before he put his fingers under your chin and made you look him in the eyes.

'I love you.' He said in a more assertive tone than before.

'I-I love you too, Steve.' You said cracking a smile.

He leant in and pecked your lips before sitting next to you in your bed.

'If you're not gonna use this bed can I take a nap?' Tony asked before Natasha smacked his head.

'I'm sorry but my house was burnt down!' He said before all of the Avengers and yourself rolled your eyes.