TonyxReader➳Motivation

Words: 852
Warnings: Suggestive
A/N: I stayed up late yesterday (later than I should have) and added titles to my one shots.. It'll be easier if I do part 2's so certain ones ;)
---------------
You paced the tower and banged your fist on the counter. Why wasn't he home yet?

'Tony, I'm getting anxious about you not responding and-' You began talking into your phone before the elevator doors opened.

Tony walked out, battered and bruised.

'Tony-' You breathed out running over to him to support his weak frame.

'I'm sorry I missed dinner.' He said in a voice just above a whisper.

You chuckled slightly and lead him towards your bedroom.

'Just let me get the first aid kit and you can explain everything.' You muttered before scurrying out.

You came back and sat next to him on the bed, a damp cloth ready to wash off the blood from his face.

'Was it Bruce again?' You questioned.

He simply nodded. Bruce had been getting frustrated with a project so the only way Tony could calm him down was to try and relax him, which lead him to bumps and bruises.

'Maybe I can help with the project.' You mumbled as he winced at the light pressure you put on his black eye.

He help your wrist and stared into your eyes.

'You're the most amazing woman I know.' He said before kissing your hand and letting you continue.

'I'll take that as a yes.' You said with a giggle.

After you got him all cleaned up, you washed up and climbed into bed next to him.

'Is tomorrow bring my girlfriend to work day?' He joked as he draped his arm over your waist and acted as the big spoon.

'Well, if you'd want it to be.' You joked back.

You didn't get much sleep that night because of the excitement growing in your stomach. You'd been to SHIELD a few times but never to actually help Tony with work. You rose bright and early, got ready and made a hardy breakfast for the both of you.

'Someone's up early.' Tony said pecking your lips as he sat at the table across from you.

You giggled lightly as he held your hand across the table.

'I need to warn you about how hard the task is.' He finally said.

'Tony, I graduated at the top of my class in science.' You said frowning.

'I know but this is different, you might find it above your level-' He began before your stomach fell.

Did he think he was smarter than you?

'What are you trying to say?' You snapped.

'(Y/N), all I'm saying is that Bruce and I are very advance and we can't figure it out so don't get discouraged if you can't.'

You looked upset at first but then it was subsided with anger, you were going to show him.

'What if I figure it out? Hmm?' You said sassily.

'Well, I'll give you a surprise tonight.' He said smirking slightly.

You got up and took both of your plates before grabbing your bag and swinging it over your shoulder.

'What're you waiting for? Trying to hold up on your loss?'

He stood and grabbed his keys before running after you. The drive was silent accept the ACDC Tony started playing.

'What if you lose?' He asked after a moment.

'Then I'll admit you're smarter than me.'

He looked taken back for a moment before smirking wide.

'Deal.'
*
'Hey (Y/N)-' Bruce began before you walked past him.

'Where's the project?' You asked.

He pointed at a table and you got right to work.

'What's she doing?' Bruce whispered to Tony.

'Figuring it out.' Tony answered.

'But-' Bruce began before Tony cut him off.

'I made her think I underestimate her because she always does better when she's trying to outsmart me.'

Bruce merely nodded and walked away.

'-and if you carry the twelve.' You muttered to yourself after an hour at work.

'Babe, you give up yet?' Tony said sitting on the counter next to you.

'Would you shut your trap?' You snapped.

He chuckled before watching you work your magic. He knew for a fact that you brilliant mind could figure out the problem, it was just the case of motivation.

'I've done it.' You whispered to yourself.

'I've done it!' You repeated jumping out of your chair happily.

Bruce ran over and looked at the work.

'This is remarkable.' He kept saying as he checked over and over again.

You jumped into Tony's open arms and he nuzzled into your neck before spinning you around.

'I told you I could do it!' You said poking him right in his Arc Reactor.

He held his hands up with a smirk.

'I knew you could.'

You furrowed your brows.

'Then why-'

'I know you work better when you're trying to prove me wrong.' He said laughing at your reaction.

'You know what, Anthony Edward Stark? I'm gonna prove you wrong when you're holding up your end of the bet later.' You said getting in his face.

'I'll hold you to that.' He said before pecking your lips and running out of the lab before you could get your hands on him.

'Kids.' Bruce muttered as he watched the scene play out.