BuckyxReader➳May I?

Words: 893

Warnings: None

Requested by: secretavenger02 (hope you like it <3)

--------------------

You walked around the tables and pushed them back into place. Tonight was Friday night but more importantly, karaoke night. The regular crowd showed up but the ones that caught your eye were the Avengers. The billionaire, Tony Stark, bought a round of drinks for his friends when you caught his eye.

'Buck, you gonna make your move tonight?' Tony joked looking over to the shaggy haired man clutching a pint of beer in his metal hand.

Bucky scoffed at Tony before looking over to you and waving meekly. You both had started liking each other the minute you brought him extra napkins all those weeks before. Now, you both felt too embarrassed to talk to each other in fear of messing up or making a fool of yourselves.

'(Y/N), when do you get off?' Your co-worker asked snapping you out of your Bucky filled daze.

'Erm-right now.' You responded glancing at your watch.

They let out a chuckle before stopping you from passing by them.

'You're performing tonight.' They demanded rather than asked.

You felt a pang of worry stitch its way into your stomach. You'd tried the whole performing part before but your guitar string broke while you played your rendition of Play it Again by Luke Bryan which landed you in the hospital needing stitches for the gash across you hand.

'I-I can't.' You stuttered out.

Your friend looked at you and over to the Avengers table.

'They deserve to hear your amazing voice at least once.'

You sighed nervously before trying to slip away.

'I've already but in a request for you so you can't leave now.' Your friend chimed before serving the table next to you.

You sat at the nearest table and fiddled with your sleeves awkwardly waiting your turn. What if your voice cracked? What if you tripped on your way on stage? You pushed these thoughts out of your head as the owner hopped happily onstage.

'Welcome to annual karaoke night!' He said smiling at the crowd before him.

He said a few more things but all you caught was him muttering your name before handing you the microphone and rushing off stage. You gained cheers from the crowd before your stomach turned with nerves. You took a shaky breathe before you realized you couldn't do it. You rushed off stage but not before the Avengers sent you worried looks.

'Go and sing with her, Buck.' Steve urged.

Bucky blushed before shaking his head to refuse the suggestion.

'You know what; I'm tired of you always acting so shy around her.' Natasha said hauling him up by his arm and pushing him on stage.

You looked over your shoulder at the stage before seeing him, your crush, looking at you with the same amount of nervousness etched across his face. You mustered up all of the courage you had left and walked on stage, after a slight push from your friend.

'Hey-' You whispered awkwardly.

'Hi.' He replied just as shyly.

You turned to see the monitor now showed a song split for two.

'I guess this is a duet now.' You joked.

'I guess we should do it then.' He joked back before Tony whistled suggestively.

'Oh, I didn't mean it like that.' Bucky hastily assured.

You giggled before you heard the starting notes to House Party by Sam Hunt.

'I'll be person one.' He whispered before grabbing his own microphone.

You watched as he sang the first lines.

'You're on the couch, blowing up my phone. You don't want to come out, but you don't want to be alone. It don't take but two to have a little soirée. You're in the mood to sit tight right where you are, babe.'

He looked at you and gave you a reassuring smile as you brought the mic to your lips for your part.

'Cause I'll be at your door in ten minutes. Whatever you got on, girl, stay in it. You ain't gotta leave the house to have a good time. I'm a bring the good time home to you.'

You felt your nerves slipping away as both you and Bucky sang the chorus.

'We'll have a house party, we don't need nobody. Turn your TV off, break that boom-box out. We'll wake up all the neighbors til the whole block hates us. And the cops show up and try to shut us down.'

By the middle of the song everyone in the restaurant was whooping and clapping along.

'If you're gonna be a homebody.'

'We're gonna have a house party.'

'If you wanna be a homebody.'

'We're gonna have a house party.'

You both called out the end of the song and took a step closer to each other with each exchanged line. Once the final note played you stayed staring in each other's eyes, longing for more than the awkward relationship you had at the moment.

'Would you kiss her already?' Someone yelled before sitting back down hastily.

You assumed it was Tony but Bucky turned back to you smiling slightly.

'May I?' He asked being a proper gentleman.

'Mhm.' You replied.

He cupped your face with his hands and kissed your lips sweetly before the restaurant applauded like a madhouse.

'Would you like to go out sometime?' You asked once you broke apart grinning.

'I'd love that.' He replied smiling back.