TonyxReader➳You Belong With Me

Words: 1112

Warnings: Taylor Swift if you don't like her.. but it's good old Taylor so it really shouldn't be a problem.

A/N: If you watch the music video for the song 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor it'll make much more sense(link in media section). Also, how do you guys like these song ones? For those of you who've given me requests I'm sorry for taking so long and I'll be getting those out as soon as I write them! xx

----------------

You let out a sigh as you walked into the Avengers tower. Pepper stood fiercely bossing Tony around as he simply tried to express his concerns for the company. You'd taken a liking to the billionaire months before when you first met him but the closest relationship you could have with him was being his best friend due to the fact that he was dating his assistant, Pepper Pots. Natasha saw your eyes longing towards the genius before she pulled you aside.

'When're you gonna tell him?' She asked.

Something about her skills of reading people told you that it was no use trying to lie to her. You ran a stressed hand through your hair before you heard the elevators ding and something fall angrily.

'Tony?' You questioned steeping back towards the entrance of the tower.

He looked at you before back to the vase he'd knocked over out of frustration.

'She doesn't understand-' He huffed.

You walked over and did your best to act impartial towards his angry mutters about Pepper. Natasha watched from the side with her brows raised as you lead Tony to his lab to relieve some of the stress you knew he'd been bottling up.

'So-' Natasha began before you held up a hand to her.

'I'm not going to tell him because I don't want to cause more problems with their relationship, he's my best friend, I still want the best for him.' You replied before she could say much more.

You walked over to the Lounge and she ran after you.

'But (Y/N), what if he feels the same way?' She called.

You stopped and turned around.

'Just because I know she's not right for him doesn't mean that my life will end up like a Taylor Swift song.' You said before parking your tired body onto the couch.

Natasha let out a laugh before realization hit her.

'This is just like You Belong With Me!' She said clapping her hands together.

You looked over as she typed into her phone and played the Taylor Swift song.

'You're on the phone with your girlfriend

She's upset, she's going off about something that you said

'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.'

Natasha paused the song and looked at you with wide eyes.

'You're the only one who gets his humour!' She said making you frown.

She rolled her eyes but clicked play once again.

'-But she wears short skirts

I wear t-shirts

She's cheer captain

And I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time-'

The she let the song carry out before pausing at the pre-chorus.

'(Y/N), you've got to be kidding if this all doesn't sound like you! Pepper wears skirts and you love t-shirts! You've been there for him the whole time, girl!' She practically shouted in your face.

You grabbed her phone and pressed play acting like the coincidences weren't making you uncomfortable.

'-And you've got a smile

That could light up this whole town.

I haven't seen it in a while

Since she brought you down-'

Natasha once again grabbed the phone and paused before looking at you with raised brows.

'What's your favourite part about Tony's appearance?' She asked.

You thought for a moment before blushing.

'His-' You began before he cut you off.

'-smile.' She finished knowingly.

You covered your face with both hands as a sign of embarrassment and realization until she carried on the song that strangely resembled your relationship with Iron Man.

'-Oh, I remember you driving to my house

In the middle of the night.

I'm the one who makes you laugh

When you know you're 'bout to cry.

I know your favorite songs,

And you tell me about your dreams.

Think I know where you belong,

Think I know it's with me-'

Before the song could keep going you grabbed the phone, paused it and threw it towards the wall.

'You can't lie-' Natasha said.

'-he tells you about his dreams, (Y/N)! You make him laugh in his most depressed moments! (Y/N), he belongs with you!' She said grabbing your shoulders and shaking you.

Before she could continue you got up to leave the room only to see Tony standing in the doorframe with his mouth agape. You blushed furiously before turning to face Natasha with a glare.

'-I've got to go-' You said pushing past him and running towards the elevator.

He tried to stop you when he realized something, he loved you all along. Natasha noticed the look on his face and just as she read you, she read him.

'I think we've all realized something today.' She said patting his shoulder and walking away.

*

It'd been a week since your incident with Tony. You hadn't been anywhere near the tower in fear that Pepper had found out about it or worse, Tony didn't feel the same. Little did you know, the 'surprise party' for Sam was actually a party set up to lure you out of your embarrassed state. Natasha came up with the idea knowing that you were to much a loyal friend not to wish Sam a happy birthday. It was set to be one of Tony's regular parties so when you walked in wearing your most gorgeous dress, all eyes were on you. Pepper was going on about Tony not doing enough to help Fury when he saw you.

'-Tony-' She called until she noticed where his gaze landed.

'Pepper, I think it's time we-' He began before she cut him off.

'-split. I know, it's been a long time coming.' She muttered.

He felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders until Natasha ran over and handed him a slip of paper, pushing him towards you. You blushed as the crowd split slightly to allow you both a path towards one another. Natasha handed you a paper too but you only seemed to notice Tony's uncharacteristic blush.

'I've been catching up on my Taylor Swift videos.' He joked making you laugh slightly.

He looked down at the folded piece of paper and realized what it was. He grinned as he unfolded it, waiting to see your reaction. You caught sight of the paper that read 'I love you' and nearly passed out until Natasha urged you from the side to open your own.

'I love you too.' You admitted as you glanced at your matching papers.

Tony smiled before cupping your face in his hands and pressing a much awaited kiss to your lips. Maybe having your life as a Taylor Swift song wouldn't be that bad.