StevexReader★Leaving for a Mission★

Words: 477

Warnings: Feels, feels and wait, more feels.

A/N: I started writing this one with NO idea and I ended up going ham and writing a lot and I really like the way it turned out.. hope you all like it too! Want me to start titling these things? Requests are still open btw so feel free to hit me up with one lol. ALSO 5K READSSS?? What is life? I love you all sooo much <3 xx 

-------------

You sighed and threw your pen down in frustration. You were angry at the fact that Fury kept making Steve leave for missions. Sure it was his job but you still missed your boyfriend!

'I'm all packed.' Steve said sadly appearing in the door frame.

'Why don't we go to the lake?' He asked knowing that you always loved the water.

You obliged and took his hand, tucking your letter into your pocket.

'This one isn't as long as the last one.' He said as you two dipped your feet into the clear blue water.

'Steve, a month is still too long to be away from you.' You said sadly.

He sighed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders. You leaned your head on him as he planted a soft kiss on your temple.

'You sure you don't want me to wake you before I leave?' He asked.

You nodded. He would be leaving at five the next morning so you decided to write him a letter rather than crying over him in the morning.

'You know I love you, right?' He asked.

You wiped a stray tear away and sniffled before speaking.

'I love you, too.'

You both sat in silence for a little while longer until the sun went down.

'If you miss me just watch the sunset.' Steve finally said.

You titled your head in confusion as you gave him a quizzical look.

'Just know that the sun you're watching, I'm watching too and thinking about you.' You blushed and smiled as he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

He helped you up and lead you back home before saying his goodnights.

'Aren't you coming to bed?' He asked.

'In a few.' You said before he left.

Once he was surely out of sighed you ran to your art room and grabbed a canvas and your letter. When you finished splashing on some red, orange and yellow, you observed your work and hung up your art to dry. You grabbed a hairdryer and dried the letter before folding it and labeling it to the love of your life; Steven Grant Rogers.

*

'Would you hurry up?' Tony whisper yelled at Steve as he waited at the front door.

Steve was about to leave when Tony stopped him.

'Look at that.' He said pointing to the envelope.

Steve grabbed it and stuffed it in his pocket before walking out. You woke up a few hours later and saw that your painting was dry. Happily, you grabbed it and hung it in the living room.

*

'Rogers-' Natasha hissed.

He help up a hand and finished reading the end of his letter.

'-so if sunsets are our thing, I was happy to paint one for each of us.'

He flipped over his paper and saw a gorgeous sunset on the other side. He kissed the paper before stuffing it in his pocket and running into battle.

*

You sat back on the couch and admired your work, a sunset painting really brought the room together.