BuckyxReader➳The Summer Soldier

Words: 685

Warnings: None

Requested by: secretavenger02

A/N: Before you start reading I need some advise! This book is at over 70 parts now and I only started it a little while ago! What I need to know is if you guys would carry on with me if I wrote a second One Shots book once this one gets to 100 parts? Lastly, Hit the Books is out so check it out if you're looking for an Avengers AU book :)

Thanks always,

-sabrinademelo xx

-----------------

You stumbled, how unlike you. Was the serum wearing off?

'She's down!' Someone yelled causing you to spin around.

You tried running but tripped, landing directing on your right arm, your metal arm. You'd been kidnapped by Hydra as a kid and as a result, you'd been made into some killing machine called The Summer Soldier. It all sounded strange to you when you learnt that there was a Winter Soldier but after he somehow got away, you were their main attacker.

'Cap, get her!' Someone with a bow and arrow shouted.

'She's probably busted up her arm.' Someone said a little softer.

You sat up; it all slowly came back to you now. You weren't meant to be a killer, you were meant to be a little dancer like your mom wanted.

'Hey-' Someone said softly when they saw the tears streaming down your face.

You looked up and saw a group of people. The Avengers stood before you; the twins along with Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes were present as well. You saw the man talking to you and noticed his metal arm, he was like you.

'-you alright?' He asked.

You opened your mouth but no words came out. The man stood and looked towards the group he was with.

'I'll get her cleaned up.' He muttered.

They all nodded and dispersed, probably trying to get rid of the rest of the Hydra Agents.

'I'm Bucky by the way.' The man said helping you to your feet.

You let him support most of your weight because you'd been shot in the thigh minutes before they found you.

'Fury, we've got an injured Agent.' Bucky said into his earpiece.

'What are you waiting for to bring them on board?' Nicks voice called back.

'Well, it's not just any Agent, it's The Summer Soldier.'

The line was silent for a while until Nick spoke.

'Bring her anyways.'

Bucky realized he'd make better time if he picked you up bridal style rather than you limping at his side.

'Just put your arms around my neck and I promise I'll keep you safe.' He muttered.

You followed his instructions and felt relaxed.

'Bring her right to the medical wing.' Maria instructed as Bucky stepped into the helicarrier.

He did as she said and set you down.

'I'm gonna need to patch that up.' He said pointing at your leg.

You nodded as he cut away the fabric surrounding it.

'Bucky-' You said shyly.

He looked up and smiled warmly at your first words to him.

'Mhm.'

'H-How did you get your arm?' You questioned.

He clenched his jaw for a moment before speaking.

'I was experimented by Hydra, they got me to kill and did things to my mind that I'd never wish upon anyone.' He muttered.

That's exactly what happened to you.

'I-I know what it's like.' You replied.

He looked at you and a sigh of realization came over him. He remembered when you were brought in, it was way before he was recruited by SHIELD. You were brought in and simply labelled "The Backup Plan", he caught a slight glimpse before they swept his memory once again.

'Bucky-' You said once again.

He looked at you and noticed the tears forming in your eyes. Having a bullet wound fixed was always painful, he would know.

'I-Is it okay to cry during the pain?' You asked.

He felt a wave of sympathy wave over him. He felt the same way after Steve first found him. He was as emotional as a robot but slowly, with the help of his new friends, he learned that emotions can be good at times.

'Of course.' He said nodding.

It was in this moment that he realized he was determined to help you just as the Avengers had helped him.

'What's your name?' He asked after a moment.

'(Y/N).' You said in shock of yourself because you remembered.

'Well, (Y/N), I think this could be the start of a great friendship.' Bucky said standing up and shaking your hand.

Maybe recovering wouldn't be as hard as you thought.