SamxReader➳The Cereal Man

Words: 673

Warnings: none

Requested by: anime_ahs_bands (I hope you like it girl! Sam needs more recognition xx)

---------------------------

You'd been working with Tony for most of your professional career so when you were introduced to the rest of the Avengers it wasn't as strange as some of the other things you'd been shown by Tony before. You moved in with the superheroes only a month before you first met him; Sam Wilson.

You'd grown accustomed to the schedules and routines of your fellow housemates when it all changed. Usually at around midnight you'd go to the fridge, grab the carton of milk and pour yourself a glass before drinking it and heading to bed. This was a calm way to relax yourself before settling down for the night because the rest of the Avengers were either sleeping or off doing their own things.

'Milk?' You mumbled as you searched the fridge for the usual carton.

You couldn't find it so you stood up straight, hands on your hips. Where could it be? Tony never ran out.

'Looking for something?' A voice said behind you making you jump.

You spun around and saw someone sitting behind the island eating a bowl of cereal. You didn't notice him because when you usually went in for you late night beverage, you left the lights off. The man had the carton next to him and you hesitantly walked over.

'Thanks.' You mumbled as you poured yourself a glass.

You finished your glass before hastily making your way to your room; not saying goodnight to the strange cereal man. The next night you did the same thing you always did but once again, the milk was missing.

'Milk again?' The man said smiling slightly as he indulged in his cereal.

You drank you milk but this time decided to say goodnight when you were done.

'Goodnight.' He replied back but you were already gone.

Why didn't you question this strange man in your kitchen? You knew if he wasn't trustworthy Happy wouldn't have let him into the tower to start with. You were determined to learn his name. The next night came and went and you said nothing more than your usual minimal conversation. Where did he go during the days that made it impossible to find him even when you searched? And yes, you'd searched.

'Thanks.' You muttered after two weeks of your routine meetings with the strange man.

'What's your name?' You blurted out after a moment.

You blushed at your outburst but he merely chuckled.

'Sam, Sam Wilson.' He said reaching a hand out for you to shake.

'-and what about my milk loving friend?' He asked grinning.

'(Y/N) (Y/L/N).' You replied smiling back.

You two talked lightly to one another before you finished your glass of milk.

'Goodnight, (Y/N).' He called.

'Goodnight, Sam.' You responded.

That night you couldn't help but fall asleep with a smile now that you knew the name of the cereal man. You woke up smiling knowing you could talk to him more later that night but when your usual time came, he wasn't there. You opened the fridge and saw there was a glass of milk with a note taped to it.

'Dear (Y/N),

I was sent on a mission earlier this morning but I wanted to leave you with this because I think it's become our thing. It was great to be able to chat with you more yesterday and I hope we can learn more about each other in the future. You can probably bet your bottom dollar that I'm eating cereal at the moment and smiling at the thought of my milk loving friend reading this.

Enjoy the milk,

Sam Wilson (The Cereal Man)'

You read the note and smiled to yourself before taking the cup from the fridge and drinking it happily.

'Thanks Cereal Man.' You muttered before finishing your milk and placing the glass in the sink.

You drift to sleep beaming at the thought of Sam thinking about you while he was on a mission. You'd be lying if you said you hadn't grown a crush on The Cereal Man.