TonyxReader➳Behind The Mask

Words: 983

Warnings: None

Requested by: secretavenger02 (I got carried away but I hope you like it XD)

--------------------

'I'm telling you Clint, they'll never find out.' You told your brother as you tossed your clothes into your locker.

He crossed his arms before rolling his eyes at his youngest sister.

'(Y/N), why do you want to keep this all a secret?' He questioned.

You'd been assigned by Fury to a secret task force of fighters sent to help the Avengers if they needed backup. When your brother, Clint, found out he was prepared to announce your news to everyone; including your crush, Tony Stark.

'I want them to see me as an Agent, not someone sent to pick up after you guys.' You continued.

He let out one of his signature deep chuckles before Fury sounded in his ear piece.

'We need all Avengers by the left tower.'

Clint nodded before smiling at his sister and running into battle. You continued packing your things until your own earpiece went off; they needed you. You grabbed your gear and pulled on your mask, which resembled Caps, before running into the raging battle against some sort of robots. You looked around and caught Clint's eye before turning and nailing the robots with your ace of a shot. You spun around to provide backup to Natasha when it hit you.

'God-' You mumbled looking down at your burnt leg.

One of the robots sent a fireball your way and made it now impossible for you to stand on your own.

'We need backup!' You heard Clint yell before running over to you.

More SHIELD Agents flooded to the scene as you felt a pit of sickness forming from the pain. The Avengers all swarmed around you and noticed Clint taking extra concern to your well being.

'We need to take her inside for medical assistance.' Steve said to the rest.

They all agreed but not before Thor perked up.

'The mask is probably squishing the fair maidens head.'

You tried your hardest to swat the hands away but your hands were busy applying pressure to your injury. Tony reached down and took your mask off, gaining gasps from the rest of the Avengers.

'(Y/N)-' Tony breathed out in shock.

He'd taken a liking to your playful banter the first time he'd met you and since then, he'd grown a huge crush on you. Little did he know, Crush Street ran two ways.

'I'll take her to the Tower; it'll be faster and safer with my suit.' He said scooping you up and flying towards the Tower, just as he said.

You loved being close to him and he loved being close to you so you both had small smiles set on your faces. He set you down carefully before Jarvis dismantled his suit. Finally, he scooped you up once again and headed to his lab.

'Tony, I could try walking.' You said softly.

'Nuh-uh, no pressure on an injury like that.' He instructed before he punched the code to his lab onto the keypad and set you down on the nearest open work space.

He walked to his work area and rummaged through the draws for the appropriate first aid tools. He dabbed a cooling cream on to sooth the pain before making a light conversation with you.

'Why didn't you share that you were part of the Backup Squad?'

You merely laughed lightly and contently as the cream soothed the seared skin.

'Because I don't want people like you saying it's too dangerous.' You said poking his Arc Reactor.

He looked at you with seriousness etched across his face.

'I care about you too much to let you carry on doing this job, look where it's landed you.' He said gesturing to your leg.

You frowned deeply before you felt a pang of realization flow into your stomach.

'Y-You care about me?' You stuttered out flushing red under his gaze.

He gave you a half smile before speaking.

'Of course I do.'

You blushed a deep red before he pulled out gauze and patched your leg up.

'So, do you care about me?' He asked stepping back and leaning his backside on the counter behind him.

You took a deep breath and felt yourself growing nervous.

'You're my friend, of course I do.'

He took a step towards you and brushed a loose piece of hair behind your ear.

'I meant in a different kind of way.' He said in a low voice.

You got a chill down your spine as he moved his face closer to yours.

'Mhm.' You mustered out before he kissed you softly.

Things escalated to a more passionate kiss causing you both not to notice the rest of the Avengers arriving at the tower.

'(Y/N), are you-' Clint began before stopping when he caught site of your lips attached to the billionaires.

'Tony!' He yelled causing you both to break apart.

You blushed deeply before Clint marched over and pinned Tony angrily to the wall by his collar.

'Clint!' You squealed.

He got dangerously close to Tony before whispering.

'Don't treat my sister like some of the other trash you fool around with.'

Tony gulped before Clint let him go.

'Barton, have you ever heard me make a derogatory statement about (Y/N)? Anything disrespectful or crude come out of my mouth when I talk about her?' Tony retorted casually back.

Clint thought for a moment before glaring.

'Exactly, last time I recalled Natasha said "every time you talk about her your eyes light up like no other girl you've been interested in".' Tony continued.

Clint sighed and clapped Tony on the back.

'Be good to her or else you won't even see what it ya.' He said waving his bow in the air before leaving the room, sending you a wink for good measure.

Tony walked over to you and took your hands in his.

'Was all of that true?' You asked sheepishly.

'Every word.' Tony replied before pecking your lips.