Logan P.O.V.

I feel Aurora send a calming feeling thru our mate bond. I relax. I know she is pissed at me about something. I don't know we just met and I can tell already this is going to be hard.

"So Devin wants to mate her? His idiotic father who has always been power hungry is bold enough to request the alliance?" I ask making sure I'm drawing the right conclusion before I personally rip Devin and Glenn's head off.
"Yes and they went to the council for the request it seems so I need to figure out there plan. I need both you and Aurora to stay calm and not attack them.
"It's just odd to me. Devin has always wanted to be with his fated mate. I don't understand why now he's willing to take a chosen." Asher says.
"From my sources tell me his father won't let him take over until he mates with Aurora. It seems Glenn thinks that if they mate he will be able to have control over the kingdom thru his son." Alpha Joseph says.
"I don't see it. Devin hates his father. For everything that man has put his mother thru because he felt she was weak. He even took a chosen mate." Asher says.
Alpha Joseph sits up in his chair looking deadly.
"Excuse me?" He says with a growl.
"Yeah that woman is not Devin's mother. She is the mother of those two pains. Devins mother is the illegitimate child of Alpha Brunson of New Night Pack in the west. She never disclosed her heritage to him. He kept her around to keep him strong. They have 6 kids together. Devin being his oldest child and heir that's why he's always around him. If that witch could have had a boy Devin would not have been made Alpha." Asher tells us.
"Devin's mother is Grace?" Alpha Joseph ask.
"Yes. She was Alpha Brunson daughter." Asher responds.
"She wasn't illegitimate. Her mother was his fated mate. She was a blessed healer. They met after he had already taken a chosen mate.She's been missing for 22 years and her family has been searching for her ever since. He's actually mated to her mother now after the truth came out that his chosen mate had forced her out. Her brother Alpha Richard hasn't stopped looking for her." Alpha Joseph tells us.
"Interesting. He is still an asshole but it makes me look at him differently. We can use this in our favor. Technically he's violating laws and made false reports with you and council. He thinks no one knows of his actions and intentions so let's play that against him." Aurora says.
After coming up with a plan on how to handle the situation and both of us promising not to attack that family we were dismissed. I can tell she is about to try to avoid me.
"Aurora." I call her name.
She huffs and turns to face me.
"Can we talk please?" I ask.
Her father looks at her before she rolls her eyes and nod.
I follow her out the room and we head to the gardens for a walk.
"Why are you acting like this. I'm your mate Aurora." I say.
"Acting like my mate has another woman scent on him." She growls and her wolf flashes.
Smoke my wolf flashes too.
"Calm down. I didn't know I would find you right now. I'm sorry. I should have waited for you." I tell her.
I see her fighting her wolf but she heard me.
She nods.
"Is she apart of your pack?" She ask.
"Yes but it is nothing. It was just sex. Always protected. She doesn't want a relationship with me she wants her fated mate too." I say.
"So would you accept being around another male who had me before I knew of you?" She ask.
Smoke growls.
"Exactly but I'm expected to be around her because you are my mate." She says.
"You won't have to be around her. She leaves for assignment for the next years. She is a tracking warrior." I tell her.
"Hmm and when will you be leaving?" She ask.
"In 2 days. We will be leaving Aurora. I'm not leaving without you. I want my mate. I always have. I fucked up but I will spend every day making it up to you. Please love don't do this." I beg.
"Can we just get thru the next 2 days. I'm still pissed and don't want to be around you right now." She says walking off.
'I told you to wait for mate. Now she's going to reject us. I couldn't even connect with her wolf.' Smoke says.
'She won't. I'll fix this buddy. We will make it up to her.' I tell him.
He retreats and I feel his pain. I have to make it right.
Walking back to the house I see the Alpha King and his mate along with the Alpha team coming to the porch. My team following.
"Alpha Glenn is arriving. We will both greet him." Alpha Joseph says.
I nod and follow in step behind him. We all line up on the porch as the cars pull up.
I get instantly pissed off when Alpha Glenn and Devin step out the car.
This is who wants to take my mate from me.