Aurora P.O.V

Sitting in my father's office getting lectured about controlling my temper during this meeting with this asshole of an alpha family from Shadow Rock Pack. That family has no respect for hierarchy. Also the alpha is incompetent. He does not run his pack well. They are in deep debt and are constantly attacking smaller packs. He raised his pups to have zero respect for others. That future Alpha is an asshole. They have the audacity to request to take me as a chosen mate. My father to even invite them here is pissing me off.

"It's like you can't see what they are trying to do. They want power and you even inviting them here makes me feel you are entertaining this request." I say.
"I'm not Aurora. I asked them here to figure out their intentions and plans. I know they want power. I would never force you to take a mate. I asked you to be nice when they arrive so we can check their energy." Dad tells me.
I huff.
"I get it. But dad they are ignorant and disrespectful and if that mutt touches me I won't hesitate to whoop his ass." I say.
He laughs.
"That might be what they need to understand you will be the queen." He smirks
I nod.
"Now Alpha Logan will be here tonight. He will be your Alpha of Alphas so I would like you two to meet." Dad says.
"We've met as kids. It's Friday and I have plans. I'll meet with him tomorrow. I also am going to be late for training and uncle Nathan will not be getting at me today. I say standing up.
He laughs.
"Ok go I'll let you know if I need you." He says.

I'm practicing hard. My unit and I. Heaven has been unusually nervous.
'What's wrong' I ask her.
'I don't know something about today is off.' She replies
'That asshole from shadow rock is coming today.' I tell her. 'Calm down so we can focus'
After getting her to calm we have a good training session. We spared in human and wolf form.
I head up to my room on the Alpha floor to shower and change.

I'm out by the lake with my best friends. We are all talking. All of us are 18 or turning 18 and waiting to find our mates. Aspen and I turned 18 two months ago in December. Neither of us have found our fated yet.

We are making plans to go out in the town tonight after the dinner with the Alphas. I need some fun. We've been training non stop.

'Where are you?' Dad ask thru the link.
'By the lake.' I say.
'Come to my office. Alpha Logan is here.' He says.
'Ok I'm coming now.' I say.

"I have to go. Dad wants me to meet my alpha of alphas. Come on Aspen." I tell them calling my twin to come with me.
"They say that man is fine." Nadia says
" I've heard." I laugh.

"Is your wolf cool?" I ask Aspen.
"Yeah. What's wrong?" He ask.
"I don't know Heaven won't say she just pacing in my mind and on alert." I tell him.
"I'll stay on guard." He says.
"Good the team will meet us at the office." I say.

Getting to dad's office Heaven starts purring and whining in my mind.
'KEEP YOURSELF TOGETHER HEAVEN THIS IS A MEETING.' I tell her.
I smell his scent as soon as the door opens. Bergamot, Mandarin, and Vanilla. It's the most amazing scent.
I look to see who the scent is coming from and Alpha Logan is there looking at me. We both freeze.
"MATE!" We say at the same time.
The man is fine as hell. His dark brown hair and blue eyes are enough to make you fall to your knees.
I sniff the air again and glare at him. He smells of another she-wolf. He looks shocked still.
I turn to look at my father who is smiling happily.
"Is this meeting ready to be started?" I ask.
I will deal with him later.
"You don't want to get to know your mate before we start?" Dad asks.
"Business first." I say.
'What's wrong?' Dad links me.
'He smells of another she-wolf I'm trying to distract Heaven.' I tell him.
He looks to see Heaven fighting me for control. He nods.
"Can I speak with my mate before this meeting please my king." Alpha Logan ask.
"No you can speak with me after this meeting." I say.
We have a stare off I can tell he doesn't like being told what to do by his mate. He nods after 5 minutes.

"Aurora this is your Alpha of Alphas. Alpha Logan. With him is his Alpha Team. Beta Jacob, Gamma Connor, Delta Ryder." Dad introduces them.
"Nice to meet you. This is my Alpha Team. Beta Hunter, Gamma Mason, and Delta Lincoln." I say.
We all nod and shake hands. Sparks fly across my skin when I shake Logan's hand.
"You've met Asher and Aspen before." Dad says to them.
They all laugh and smirk at each other shaking hands.
"So my sister is your mate? Never would have guessed it." Asher laughs.
I roll my eyes.
"We need to discuss the situation that will occur later tonight. Since you've found your mate we need to change the plans." Dad says
"I could really just stop them from entering at the gate and I won't have to deal with it." I say.
"Deal with what?" Logan ask.
"Alpha Glenn of shadow rock and his family are visiting tonight. He will present a mating contract to us for Aurora hand in marriage to his son the future Alpha. Before you get upset I was never going to agree but I need to know what they have planned. It had to be something for them to even feel I would give them my daughter the future Queen his hand in marriage." Dad says.
Logan is fighting his shift with everything in him.