Savannah P.O.V

I run and I run. I feel Jared chasing me. He's always been able to catch me. I stop and let out a pain fill howl. I'm tired. I just want peace. I shift back and let the tears fall. I feel Nixons warm body as he pulls me into his arms. I sob and he lets me just holding me.

I finally stop the tears and look up into those sky blue eyes that always sparkle under the moon. Always drawing me in and then breaking me. Again and Again.

"I just want peace Nix. I want them to be happy. I'm trying my best to be a good mother. I feel like I'm failing them. I'm just trying to protect them and what's left of my heart at the same time." I cry out to him.
"I'm sorry Savvy. I truly am. I live with regret everyday for the mistakes I made at 18. I've caused you and our kids so much pain and trauma. I was a young and arrogant fool. I thought you weren't strong enough for me the future alpha. I was wrong. I'm not good enough for you Savannah. I was selfish. I broke you repeatedly. I couldn't let you go. Jared couldn't let you go. He has known no peace in the last 10 years. The first time we felt at peace was 3 years ago when I seen you at NightWalker territory. You are my person. You are my storm. You are my peace. You are my calm. You are everything to me Savannah. You have to know that. Even then I always looked for you. I love you more than you know. I love our pups."he says his tears flowing.
I stare into his eyes and all I see is sincerity. I kept tabs on him. Rachel would tell me he ain't been the same. It's like he at a constant war within himself.
My sister told me 4 months ago that he just looks broken and defeated. I seen all that today when he first walked into my house. He drops his head. Leaning on me.
I feel his distress. I feel Jared's pain of being deprived his mate. I feel Evie pain. My wolf hasn't been happy in 10 years. I feel my own distress.
"You are an old and arrogant fool." I say.
He laughs. Looking at me. He smiles that arrogant smile that makes me want to drop to my knees.
"You've constantly hurt me. I won't blame you for my choice in this situation either. I'm woman enough to admit my faults. I loved you more than anything in this world except my kids. I put you over myself more times than I can count. I let you in constantly knowing it was going to hurt me in the process because I didn't want to let you go. I had rather hurt than not have you at all. That was my fault. Every time I walked away you would come around and play them mind games with me. We were both to blame for the hurt we've caused each other."I say.
"I was selfish. When I left the pack 10 years ago I could have told you. I also could have called you and told you I was pregnant with Shane. But after that incident happened I was broken. That was my breaking point. I had to protect my kids. After the attack and she came to the house telling me how you forgave her broke me. I felt like you chose her over them and I couldn't see past it. I had just found out I was pregnant with Shane. I could have told you but I didn't want you to know. I felt like you had no right to know. I always told them about you. I could have told you about Spencer when we met in the forest for Sarai first shift. I was angry and that's on me. I'm sorry Nixon."
"I love you Savannah Eliza Spring."he says and I feel his love and sincerity.
"I know. Y'all might as well stay your bags are already at the house and the kids really miss you." I stand up.
He gives me a hungry look before standing up. Backing me up against the tree.
"Just the kids?"he growls seductively in my ear
I'm fucked.