ACTION - PART 3

The next day after school, the gang all met outside DuPont High to head over to Bertrand King’s office together.

‘Ooh! Could we get some macarons at the Dupain-Cheng bakery on the way?’ Rose smiled.

‘Sure, why not?’ Amber smiled.

‘They are pretty tasty!’ Joshua agrees.

‘I’ll say!’ Jessica agrees.

Everyone nodded as they went inside.

‘Oh wow! Big crowd today!’ Celeste chuckles as everyone orders their favourite macarons. Most everyone got their favourite hero macaron while some others tried the Strawblueberry Delight macarons.

Marinette said hello to her parents.

‘Hey Mom and Dad!’ she smiled.

‘Oh, hello sweetie!’ Sabine smiles.

‘I’m just working out our order for some of our packing items’ Tom added.

‘Say, we can save on delivery if you could possibly pick them up for us!’ Sabine smiled. ‘Here’s the address!’ she says as she hands Marinette a piece of paper.

She looks at it in surprise. ‘That’s where we’re going anyway, we’re going to talk to Bertrand King about ways to reduce plastic production!’

‘Oh, great! Well since you’re going there anyway it’s a win win for both of us!’ Sabine smiled as she sat at the computer to place the order.

Tom clears his throat and starts listing all the things he needs as Sabine types them into the computer. Amber and Mylene gasp after each item he mentions. ‘Let’s see...10 boxes of plastic macaron trays, 20 boxes of plastic cake decorations, 100 boxes of plastic pastry lables...’

Mylène and Amber clutch their heart as Ivan and Joshua catch them respectively.

‘And last but not least: 10,000 plastic bags!’ Mylène and Amber faint as Marinette winces.

‘All sent! Should be ready to pick up when you arrive sweetie!’ Sabine smiled.

Marinette replies sheepishly. ‘Okay Mom, we're on it!’

Tom notices the state Mylène and Amber are in as Ivan and Joshua are fanning them with their hands. ‘Are you kids sure that you don't mind?’

Marinete smiles. ‘Of course not. Daughters help parents and friends help friends. So friends help friends help friends parents, right parents- I mean friends?’

They all nod and smile as Amber and Mylène come to and they head off.

‘I’m so sorry guys’ Marinette said, feeling like she was six inches tall. ‘I had no idea how much plastic my parents actually use in the bakery.

‘That’s because it’s become so much a part of our lives these days, we don’t even realise were using it’ Mylene replies.

‘Yeah!’ Amber replies. ‘Even the food we buy at the supermarket is wrapped in plastic. That’s why my parents go to the local fresh food market early every Saturday and shop for produce there and get their meat from the butcher wrapped up in paper, not plastic!’

‘Even the smallest of changes can make a big difference!’ Mylène smiled as Marinette nodded.

They reach Bertrand King's plastic warehouse. A warehouse worker is carrying a box and stacks it on top of other boxes.

‘And the 10,000 plastic candy bags for the Dupain-Cheng bakery! It's all here!’ Mylène and Amber faint again with Ivan and Joshua catching them.

Marinette takes it sheepishly. ‘Thank you, sir! By the way, would it be possible for us to meet your boss?’ She looks toward a statue of Bertrand King.