EMOTION - PART 8

After dinner, Carmen wheeled out the cake on a trolley with sixteen candles lit on it.

‘Wow!’ Amber smiled at all the colours in the cake and the “Happy 16th Birthday Amber” on it.

‘Ready? On 3! One, two, three!’ Daniel said as everyone started singing.

🎶Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Amber

Happy birthday to you! 🎶

‘Hip hip’ Daniel said as everyone responded: ‘Hooray!’

‘Hip hip’ ‘Hooray!’

‘Hip hip’ ‘Hooray!’

‘Make a wish sweetie!’ Carmen smiled as she thought for a second and then nodded with determination as she took a deep breath and blew all the candles out in one go as everyone cheered and clapped for her.

‘Aww! Thanks everyone!’ Amber blushed as she cut the cake carefully with a large knife, making sure her boyfriend was right next to her in case the knife came out dirty which it did so she kissed Joshua on the cheek.

‘Oooh!’ everyone giggled.

‘Wow, rainbow layer cake!’ Amber smiled as she started serving it out on small paper plates.

‘Only the best for our sweet 16 year old daughter!’ Carmen smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

‘Aww! Thanks Mom!’ Amber grinned.

‘So pretty! Rose smiled as she took her piece and everyone started eating the cake.

‘Mmm, so good!’ Alya smiled, taking another spoonful.

‘I’ll say!’ Arrietty agreed.

Everyone agreed the cake was extremely tasty with the perfect amount of sweetness and lovely and moist.

‘Only the best from your parents bakery dudette!’ Nino winked as Marinette grinned.

‘Yep!’ she said in agreement.

After cake, the slow dances started, the playlist being as follows:

When You Say Nothing At All – Ronan Keating

Angel of Mine – Monica

High – The Lighthouse Family

You & Me – Lifehouse

Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars

All Of Me – John Legend

‘They’re playing our song melody’ Luka smiled, looking lovingly at Marinette as she blushed.

‘Uh-huh’ she smiled as he took her by the hand. ‘We couldn’t dance to it before because you were performing it for me!’

‘Now we can angel’ Luka whispered as she sighed happily in his arms as they swayed slowly to the song, feeling each other’s hearts beating in unison as they held each other close.