COLLUSION - PART 5

Zoe struggled in the supply room, and she could hear the announcement starting by Mr Hennessy:

“Ladies and gentlemen, parents, guardians and friends. We welcome you to our opening night performance of William Shakespeare’s classic tragic tale, Romeo and Juliet. We ask that if you have phones or Alias rings they are switched off or put to silent so as to fully enjoy the atmosphere of the performance. We also ask that no flash photography be taken during the performance. Also, for tonight’s performance, the role of Juliet will be played by Persephone Truman. Enjoy the show!”

Zoe’s friends in the audience all looked at each other in confusion.

‘What?’ Alya said to Marinette.

‘I have no idea...’ Marinette replied, lost for words.

Ashleigh and her parents were shocked too. ‘Persephone is here?’ Priscilla said to Howard.

‘Isn’t she grounded?’ Ashleigh asked.

‘I guess the show must go on. She is Zoe’s understudy after all’ Howard replied.

Ashleigh couldn’t help but feel a bit worried for her friend.

Andre Bourgeois was angry. ‘What? Where is my stepdaughter!?’ he hissed as he went backstage to get to the bottom of this.

 ‘What? Where is my stepdaughter!?’ he hissed as he went backstage to get to the bottom of this

*

Meanwhile, Monarch had sensed Zoe’s anger in his lair. ‘Ahh, the anger of a young lady scorned by a bully!’ he grins evilly as he makes a Megakuma in his hand. ‘Kaalki, your power is now mine!’ he says as he absorbs the power of the horse miraculous into his ring.

‘Voyage my Megakuma, and fuel her righteous anger!’ Monarch grins as the Megakuma flies through the portal and comes out near Zoe and goes into the good luck charm necklace around her neck that Owen gave her as Zoe looks determined.

Monarch spoke to her from his lair: “Over Dramatic, this is Monarch! Are you tired of the rich, spoilt and entitled always bullying those who they think less important just to get their own way? Just like your sister and Persephone Truman? Well, w...

Monarch spoke to her from his lair: “Over Dramatic, this is Monarch! Are you tired of the rich, spoilt and entitled always bullying those who they think less important just to get their own way? Just like your sister and Persephone Truman? Well, with the power I give you I can help you get revenge on those who persecute others for their own gain! All I ask in return are Ladybug and Cat Noir’s Miraculous! Do we have a deal Over Dramatic?”