CONFRONTATION - PART 7

When Delmar got into homeroom from the library with Baljeet, Max and Aeon he was expecting to see Sabrina in homeroom already but she wasn’t there.

She ran in a couple of minutes before Anne-Jeanne got there.

‘Hey, you okay petal?’ Delmar smiled.

‘Yeah, sorry I’m late, I slept in’ Sabrina replied, without thinking

‘Slept in?’ Delmar replied with a raised eyebrow. ‘Weren’t you just at Breakfast Club?’

‘Oh! Yes, sorry I got confused. I was helping with the washing up and lost track of time’ she replied nervously.

‘You sure you’re okay?’ Delmar asked, putting his hand on top of hers. ‘Your hand is shaking’ he said, looking concerned.

‘Yeah...just nervous about today and hoping I don’t mess up’ she whispered. But of course she was more concerned about poor Juleka’s reaction to repeating a year, but she couldn’t say anything.

‘Hey, it will be okay’ Delmar smiled. ‘You’ve worked hard at the lessons, you’ll do great’ he smiled as he kissed her hair as she felt a little bit better, just before Chloe and Lila sauntered in, just before Ms Anne-Jeanne as she started roll call.

*

At 10am, Chloe and Lila leave with Anne-Jeanne to attend their teacher representative meeting with Mr Damocles and Ms Mendeleiev.

Lila smiles as she addresses the class before leaving. ‘Fear not beloved fellow students and friends, I will make you proud!’ she smiles as she gives everyone a fake smile as she smirks at Marinette, who just rolls her eyes.

Sabrina’s hands start shaking as Delmar grabs her hand and smiles at her as she smiles back, still feeling a pang of guilt for what she cannot reveal.

In the library where the meeting was being held, Lila and Chloe review every single career form, which they forced Sabrina to forge, reading them out

Lila grabs the first folder. ‘Alya Césaire, optician.’