REVOLUTION - PART 9

Everyone had reached the hospital waiting room around 9:25am and were excited to meet little Tristan. Even Luka who hadn’t had a lot of deliveries finished at 9:20 and met Marinette at the hospital as Tom had driven her over.

‘You must be proud to have a baby brother, Marinette!’ Mylene smiled.

‘Proud as punch!’ Marinette smiled as Luka squeezed her hand. She had even still put on her ‘Big Sister’ badge Rose had made her.

‘Indeed!’ Baljeet smiled. ‘Siblings are such a blessing!’

Jameela nodded in agreement. ‘Oh, it’s true. This little one would look up to you one day! Just like I look up to my big brother!’

Marinette smiled. ‘Wow, you think he will?’

‘For sure, lass!’ Arnaka replied. ‘Most little brothers or sisters look up to their older siblings. Consider them their role models. Like me little brother Archie looked up to Esme and I!’

 Like me little brother Archie looked up to Esme and I!’

Marinette gasped. ‘You’re right! That seems like a big responsibility!’

‘But so worth it girl!’ Alya grinned. ‘Don’t worry, I got an older sister and two younger sisters so I could literally write the book on siblings! I’ll help you!’ Alya smiled as she hugged her.

‘Thanks Alya!’ Marinette replied with a sigh of gratitude.

Rose had brought a card she had made to welcome the little one, and Arnaka had brought a teddy bear and balloon at the gift shop on the way in.

‘My goodness!’ a young female nurse said when she saw the group. ‘Who are you all here to see?’

‘Sabine Dupain-Cheng. They’re here to meet my baby brother Tristan!’ Marinette smiled.

‘Ah I see! I’m Nurse Thompson. All I ask is that there’s no more than two at a time besides the mother and father. Otherwise it will be quite overwhelming for the little one!’

‘No problem! We have already worked out pairs!’ Marinette replied.

‘Great!’ Nurse Thompson replied. ‘Good to hear you’re prepared! Have a nice visit! And wash your hands before holding a baby too!’ she reminded them.