COLLUSION - PART 13

Later, once the heroes had detransformed, Marinette sat in her room, feeling defeated.

‘Oh Tikki, I was wrong about my Lucky Charm! And now it looks like Chloe has more power than ever!’ she sighs. ‘This is all my fault...’

‘No Marinette, you’re a great superhero, and Paris still needs superheroes’ Tikki replied. ‘Besides, if she’s outlawed Monarch as well and there’s nobody else but Ladybug to purify Akumas, how can Chloe account for that? I don’t think she’ll be in power very long.’

‘That’s a good point

‘That’s a good point. Thanks for cheering me up Tikki!’ Marinette smiled.

‘Any time Marinette!’ Tikki smiled as he phone beeped.

Luka: “Just saw the news. You wanna go for a little walk and talk before I have to go to opening night tuning up, take 2?”

Marinette chuckled.

Marinette: “Sure my prince, a walk would be nice actually!”

Luka: “Okay, I’ll be right over ❤️”

Marinette: “See you soon ❤️”

Marinette went downstairs a few minutes later to wait for Luka.

‘Hey Mom?’ she said.

‘Yes sweetie?’ Sabine smiled as she drank her green tea on the couch in the living room.

‘I’m just going for a short walk with Luka before dinner, just to clear my head. Is that okay?’ she asked her.

‘Of course sweetie!’ Sabine smiled. ‘I’m not sure what that Chloe Bourgeois girl has in mind, but I think outlawing the heroes is ridiculous. Monarch I can understand. But isn’t Ladybug the only one who can purify Akumas?’

‘Hopefully she will see that being mayor and running a city with these rules in place isn’t as easy as she thought

‘Hopefully she will see that being mayor and running a city with these rules in place isn’t as easy as she thought. And she’ll give up’ Marinette smiled as she already felt better after hearing her Mom agree that what Chloe was proposing was unreasonable.

There was a knock on the door as she went and said goodbye to Tom and Celeste who were there cleaning up after just closing the bakery. Angela had already left.