ACTION - PART 5

After the lines were all recorded, Charlotte and Phil came downstairs to the hold to film the machine.

First, Phil films Max and Baljeet explaining how the machine works in cleaning up excessive plastic in the Seine.

‘Great!’ Charlotte smiled. ‘Now if we can get some footage of how the machine works, that would be ideal!’

Max sighed. ‘Okay. Moment of truth...’ Max says as he crosses his fingers as Phil starts recording.

But all the excessive fans were forming the same problem and the engine started hissing.

‘No, shut it off!’ Baljeet calls out.

Max turns it off quickly as everyone who could fit in the engine room sighed sadly as they all returned to the deck.

‘I’m so sorry Charlotte...’ Amber sighed. ‘I got your hopes up about this amazing invention my friends made to reduce plastic pollution and because of these Morpho fans, it doesn’t work.’

‘And even all week since the fans came out, we tried talking to everyone about removing the Morpho fan vending machines’ Mylene sighed.

‘Bertrand King the creator, Gabriel the designer, the television studio, even the mayor who put the vending machines up everywhere’ Amber said.

‘But nobody would listen to us...’ Mylene sighed. ‘What if they still don’t listen to us, even after the documentary gets out?’

But before Charlotte could answer some boys rode by on their bikes, throwing their fans onto the deck.

‘I’m so sick of my Ladybug and Cat Noir fan!’ one said.

‘Me too! Let’s just buy another design!’ the other boy laughed.

Amber and Mylene picked the fans up angrily.

‘Hey! How dare you throw litter on the ground like that!’ Amber growled. But the boys didn’t listen and were already too far away.

‘Girls, I know you’re angry, I am too. Especially when it feels like people don’t listen to you about protecting the environment.’ Charlotte said empathetically.

‘But what if they still don’t listen? Even after we go though all this trouble? All this filming will be for nothing!’ Amber scowls.

‘Yeah, it’s like nobody cares!’ Mylene growls.

Charlotte smiled. ‘Let’s take a break for the pizza as it’s 12:30pm, and no doubt everyone will be getting hungry soon. I’ll start ordering it and we can celebrate our filming and how it will make an impact. You’ll see’ she winked as she gave them the bunting to put up.

The girls took it sadly and nodded, but we’re still feeling disheartened

‘This pizza shape just reminds me of those ridiculous fans!’ Mylene growled angrily. ‘People just won’t listen!’