COLLUSION - PART 1

At lunch on Tuesday at school, Marinette asked Marc, Jessica and Ann-Marie: 'By the way, who'd you guys get for a new homeroom teacher now Ms Mendeleiev is the principal?' she asked as she ate her celery sticks and hommus.

'Oh, we got a really nice lady, Miss Penny Rolling!' Ann-Marie smiled as she ate her mac and cheese.

'Yeah, she said she was Jagged Stone's manager, but now he's no longer performing she needs a job and teaching is her other passion besides music' Jessica replied, eating her rice cup.

'Oh yes, I know Penny!' Marinette smiled. 'I must have science with her after lunch then if she's taking over all of Ms Mendeleiev's classes!' she replied as she sipped her peach iced tea.

'You'll love her!' Marc smiled. 'She's so much less strict than Ms Mendeleiev!' he replied as he ate his strawberry shortcake.

Ms Mendeleiev happened to walk past the table as the friends all gasped.

'Having a nice lunch students?' she asked.

'Yes Ms Mendeleiev!' the students smiled.

'I trust Miss Rolling is doing well taking over my classes now I'm principal?' she asked.

'Yes Ms Mendeleiev, she's doing a great job!' Ann-Marie replied.

'And rest assured, I have passed on all information about the curriculum. Including those who have to take the English exam again next Monday' Ms Mendeleiev said as she looked at Ann-Marie in particular.

But Ann-Marie answered full of confidence. 'Don't worry Ms Mendeleiev. Marc has been helping me and I know I'll do better!'

'Glad to hear it! Carry on students!' Ms Mendeleiev says sternly as she walks on, the students all giving a sigh of relief.

'She gives me the heebie jeebies sometimes!' Mylene said in a hushed whisper as everyone chuckled and nodded in agreement.

'Also she put a lock on the boiler room so we can't have our Resistance meetings there anymore...' Nino sighed as he ate some of his fries.

'Oh no, and that's where the alert system was set up!' Max replied, sadly sipping his chocolate milk.

'Not that it was working all that great, it was like someone had tampered with it' Baljeet said sadly as he sipped his mango lassi.

'Probably Lila' Marinette replied with a furrowed brow.

'I'm so sorry I allowed her into the Resistance dudette' Nino sighed as he gave Marinette an apologetic look.

'That's okay Nino' Marinette smiled. 'But we can always meet up at the Liberty after school a few times a week as that's nice and central for everyone!' Marinette smiled as everyone smiled and nodded.

'Great idea girl!' Alya smiled as Marinette grinned.

*

Wednesday night was in a couple of days  and it was going to be the opening night of the Romeo and Juliet play.