REACTION (Dhar Mann Inspired Story) - PART 5

ANN-MARIE'S POV

I finished school and started walking back to the car. I looked around nervously to make sure most everyone had gone so they don't get too close to get a whiff of me. My perfume Anastasia got me for my birthday 9 months ago is starting to run out and I'm sure not going to be able to afford more any time soon.

I smiled when I got outside in the fresh air though. Today was so amazing. I got a really delicious lunch and got to talk to Marc. Although he did ask me some tough questions. But how was he to know my situation? Plus I don't want him to find out. I don't want him to think any less of me, judge me or feel sorry for me. I don't think he would be the type to do that, but I'm not ready for anyone to find out. In case they take me away from my Dad. And I'm all he's got right now.

I saw fresh water on the ground as I walked. Must have been raining earlier I thought to myself.

I got the strangest feeling I was being watched, but brushed it off to me being paranoid. As I quickly made it to the car, I got the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the car and got in and closed the door behind me. Dad had left another note, saying he had some more interviews all day but he would get the money on my lunch tab before noon. It felt cold in the car so I tried reaching over to the backseat for my favourite sweater, but couldn't reach it.

I got out of the car again and went to the passenger side rear door nearest the pavement (as it was safer) opened the door and some of my clothes fell out into a puddle as I groaned. Just great I thought to myself as I picked them up as I heard a familiar voice behind me.

'Ann-Marie?'

I gasp as I recognise the voice as I turn around.

'M-Marc?' I stammered. 'W-what are you doing here? Did...did you... follow me?'

Marc nodded as he looked at me solemnly with those amazing green eyes of his. 'Do you...live in your Dad's car?'

A million thoughts ran through my head at that moment

A million thoughts ran through my head at that moment. Do I lie and say we're donating a load of clothes to a thrift store? Do I tell him I have so many clothes now that they can't fit in my closet? I thought of every possible answer, but the look on my face only confirmed the answer as he looked at me knowingly.

I sighed. 'Now you know....you probably don't want to be my friend anymore' I said, looking down at the ground before I felt his arms around me as he hugged me as I gasped in surprise.

'Why on earth would you think something like that?' he asked me. 'Of course I still want to be your friend! Your circumstances aren't what make you, you Ann-Marie! Your personality and passions are what make you who you are!'

I start crying happy tears as he continues to hug me, so happy he was accepting me, despite being homeless.

'Have you asked anyone for help?' he asked me as I pulled out of the hug.