COLLUSION - PART 8

Mrs Jeffries, Mayor Bourgeois, Zoe, Persephone and Mr and Mrs Truman all went into Mrs Jeffries office as she sat at her desk.

‘First off...’ Mrs Jeffries began. ‘‘Does Zoe need any counselling treatment for this ordeal? I can imagine being tied up as she was is going to perhaps scar her somewhat.’

‘If she does, I can assure you we will pay for any therapy she requires’ Mrs Truman says as Mayor Bourgeois and Zoe nod.

‘Very well’ Mrs Jeffries says. ‘Any future therapy bills can be given to me that I can forward on to the Truman’s for payment. Or as always, Mrs Sacramento, our school counsellor is always available if you have anything to talk about and she can help you, Zoe’ Mrs Jeffries smiles as Zoe nods. ‘Now, Miss Truman. In all my years of being the principal at this school, I have never seen a student who would do something so drastic to another student because of wanting the part of the play that Mr. Hennessy had assigned to someone else. Persephone, you’re extremely lucky I don’t expel you for this. But since we’re close to the end of the school year, I have a better punishment for you. I think playground duty at lunch for the rest of the school year. And you will be banned from attending the end of year dance.’

‘What!?’ Persephone scowls.

‘I think that’s more than fair Persephone, given what you’ve put poor Zoe here through’ Mr Truman replied as Andre nodded in agreement.

‘As well as the disruptions made to opening night which are now postponed because of your actions. We are lucky that the talent scout from Cours Florent is available to come tomorrow night. Their time is very valuable and we were lucky to have them choose our school to see our students perform’ Mrs Jeffries added.

Persephone sighed. ‘Fine...’ she replied. Not like I have a date or my dream dress to go to the dance with now anyway...

‘And as for a punishment from us...’ Mr Truman began.

‘No Alias, no computer, no laptop, no electronic devices whatsoever’ Priscilla said.

So what else is new? Persephone thought as she rolled her eyes.

‘Yes mother...’ Persephone replied.

‘No trips to the mall, no online shopping, manicures, pedicures, hairstyling, nothing’ Howard added.

‘Yes Daddy...’ Persephone replied.

‘And no allowance, in fact we’re going to give half of your allowance to each of your sisters for the next month. And either a written or in person apology to Zoe too!’ Priscilla added.

‘Fine...’ Persephone replied.

‘And also....we have been talking, and we feel that this might be the best for you moving forward because obviously all these punishments aren’t working to deter you from your behaviour....’ Priscilla began.