COLLUSION - PART 4

CHLOE’S POV

After I hung up the phone I smirked as I held the tiny packet of sleeping powder in my hand. I’ll go and see if our afternoon tea is ready now I thought as I went down the elevator and snuck into the kitchen.

I spotted a tray with a metal cloche over it with Zoe Lee Room 1124.

I quietly lifted off the cloche to reveal a smoothie, rice crackers with peanut butter and a slice of cheesecake

I started to tip the little bag of powder using the straw as a funnel down the plastic straw in the smoothie to make sure she got the dose in her first sip.

I hadn’t poured in much when I heard a voice from behind me.

‘Miss Bourgeois, what are you doing here?’ the voice asked.

‘John Paul! Uh, none of your business, this is my home I can go wherever I like!’ I replied indignantly.

‘Of course mademoiselle, I didn’t mean to pry. I just wondered what you wanted?’

‘I’m looking for something to eat, I’m starving!’ I replied. ‘Why else would I be in the kitchen?’

‘Ah, yes...but that is Zoe’s afternoon tea.’ He replied as he replaced the cloche on it as I looked disappointed. I wasn’t able to put the whole dose of sleeping powder down the straw, but hoped it would be enough to at least put her out for a few hours.

‘Your afternoon tea is still being prepared as we know you like seedless strawberries only Chloe’ John Paul smiled.

‘Well hurry up and de-seed them already, I want my afternoon tea now!’ I replied indignantly.

‘Of course, right away Miss Bourgeois, we will have it sent up to your room toot sweet!’

‘See that you do!’ I scowled as I went back up to my room, hoping what I put in was enough. I figured she’ll get the whole lot I put into the straw in the first sip so I didn’t really need to make sure she drank it all.

*

PERSEPHONE’S POV

As soon as my parents, Ashleigh and Penelope went to the school in their limo, around 5:50pm, I began my plan to sneak out. I was going to have Chloe call me at home and pretend to be Zoe saying she was sick and couldn’t make opening night, but I thought that would give her tiny brain too much to handle. I only hoped she got Zoe to consume all that sleeping powder and she would be out like a light until the morning.

I told my maid I was going to take a long shower and set the timer on my ensuite shower for half an hour, which I figured would give me enough time.

Using my spare blankets in my closet I tied the ends together (classic running away from home move I know 😆), tied the other end to my bedpost and shimmied down to the ground outside my window.