CELEBRATION (BONUS EPISODE) - PART 5

Meanwhile, at the Martinez residence, Gabriela cleared up the plates of the finished mains dishes and brought out dessert.

‘Wow, that looks amazing Mrs Martinez!’ Ashleigh smiled.

‘It’s Arroz con Dulce. A rice pudding type of dessert’ Travis smiled. ‘One of my favourites!’

‘I love rice pudding!’ Ashleigh smiled as she tried it. ‘Mmm, it tastes amazing!’

‘Thank you Ashleigh’ Mrs Martinez smiled. ‘I’m glad you appreciate my cooking!’

“I do...a little too much!” Camilla said on the Skype call. “That looks so delicious it’s making we want to get coffee and cake at the local cafe now, so I’ll bid you all adiós.”

‘Okay Cam, stay safe!’ Gabriela smiled. ‘You’re still coming home for summer break yeah?’

“Yes Mamá, I will be. It was lovely to meet you Ashleigh. I think you’re a good fit for my brother. I can see what he sees in you” Camilla smiles. “Hopefully I can meet you in person when I come to Paris for summer break.”

‘Thank you’ Ashleigh blushed as Travis smiled at her and squeezed her hand under the table. ‘I look forward to that. It was lovely to meet you too Camilla. Good luck with your studies.’

“You too. Adiós everyone!” Camilla smiled.

‘Bye Cam!’ everyone waved back as the screen went black.

‘I’m sure she’ll make a fantastic nurse one day’ Ashleigh smiled.

‘Yeah’ Travis smiled.

‘When Cam comes over for the summer, do I gotta share my room again?’ Isabella groaned. ‘I just got it to myself for almost a year.’

‘Yes Izzy, she can sleep on the bottom bunk like she used to’ Gabriela answered her.

‘Aww, I was going to have Olivia over to spend the night sometimes during summer break and promised she can have the bottom bunk!’ Isabella protested.

‘Well maybe you can go over to Olivia’s instead hmm?’ Luis suggested.

Isabella sighed. ‘I guess...no fair Travis gets his own room...’ she added under her breath.

‘It’s easier for siblings of the same gender to share a room sweetie’ Gabriela replied. ‘You can get your room all to yourself again when Cam goes back to New York.’

‘Fine’ Isabella replied as she ate her last mouthful of dessert. ‘I’m done. May I be excused?’

‘Isabella, we have a guest!’ Luis replied.

‘Yes, we mustn’t be rude!’ Gabriela added.

‘But Olivia and I have a science project to finish off for school, it’s important!’ Isabella replied. ‘Besides, Cam got to leave!’