EMOTION - PART 9

After the last slow dance it was 10pm and time to go home.

‘Thank you everyone for coming!’ Amber announced on the microphone. ‘Don’t forget to grab your personalised water bottles as your take home gift and a goody bag before you go, there’s one with your name on it! Well, everyone except you guys!’ Amber said pointing to Kevin, Leon, Joel and Travis as they shrugged in understanding. But Carmen called out. ‘I have extra cookies and cupcakes they can take home!’ as the boys smiled. ‘Oh okay, nice Mom! Oh, and I almost forgot, there was a secret prize for best retro outfit tonight! And that goes to....drum roll please’ she said to Nino who played a drum roll with his deejay equipment. ‘Ashleigh Truman! Come on down!’

Ashleigh was surprised and a little shocked as Arrietty and Stacey nudged her as she went up and got her prize: a massage voucher

Amber handed the voucher to her as well as the microphone.

‘Oh, well I must say this is totally unexpected!’ Ashleigh blushed. ‘I suppose I have my sister to thank because without her, none of this would have been possible!’

‘Does that mean you’ll share your prize with your sister?’ Amber asked her.

‘Heck no, I’m not even telling her I won it!’ Ashleigh replied as everyone chuckled.

As everyone was collecting their goody bags, Ashleigh looked in her purse and suddenly remembered. ‘Oh, I have these for you, Zoe and Amber’ she said. ‘Persephone’s apology letters.’

‘Oh, thanks’ Amber smiled.

‘I’d almost forgotten about those!’ Zoe chuckled.

‘And here’s one for both of you from Penelope’ Ashleigh added, giving Amber a third envelope.

‘Oh wow, didn’t know she had to write one!’ Amber replied, surprised.

‘She didn’t. Hers was voluntary’ Ashleigh replied.

‘Should we read it together?’ Amber asked Zoe.

‘Monday morning at school’ Zoe replied with a yawn. ‘When I’m more awake!’

Amber chuckled. ‘Yeah I’m tired too from all that dancing!’ she agreed.

Everyone was hugging Amber goodbye as they left. As Amber handed Rose her goody bag she suddenly gasped. ‘Oh Rose, I forgot you don’t have long hair! I should have gotten you a pair of pink tie dyed socks instead of a scrunchie! I’m sorry!’

But Rose, ever the optimist, replied, ‘Don’t worry! I’ll just wear it on my wrist to remind me of the most fun dance party I have ever been to!’

‘Aww!’ Amber smiled as Rose hugged her.

‘Besides it has unicorns on it! I love it!’ Rose said, wearing it proudly on her wrist.