COLLUSION - PART 9

Meanwhile, in the Agreste mansion, in the crypt, Gabriel stands before Emilie's pod.

‘Emilie, my love, a cycle is coming to an end. In a short while, it will all be over — or rather, it will all start over again...’ He clenches his right hand, entirely blackened by the Cataclysm. ‘I swore to you that I would do everything to bring us together again. We're almost there.’

He unfolds his left sleeve to cover his cataclysmed arm and walks away, back upstairs and past Nathalie’s room where he hears Emilie’s voice on a recording

Maurice is in Nathalie’s room watching Emilie on a video on an old phone stored in a vault.

Emilie: “When Gabriel has a vision, nothing can stop him. Not even the impossible. His passion...sweeps everything away. He wanted so badly to make me happy but he pushed us too far. And when I realized that, I couldn't make him understand that...sometimes, you have to let go. Now it's too late for me *coughs*”

Gabriel glances at the half-opened door of Nathalie's room. He goes up to the door and eavesdrops on Maurice listening to Emilie's video recording.

Emilie: “But not for you, Nathalie. Adrien shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of our mistakes. Our little prince has the right to create his own vision of happiness. Please protect him.”

Then Gabriel heard Nathalie’s voice.

Nathalie: “Maurice *cough cough* you...you must take care of Adrien. He can’t know anything about his father being Monarch and *cough* about the rings. Please help him to live his dreams and help Gabriel to let him live his life the way he wants. And...maybe his aunt and cousin aren’t as bad as we thought. It would be great if he could still have contact with them. Please help make that happen. Before it’s too late and he loses them forever *cough* I’m counting on you Maurice...”

Gabriel scowls and leaves from the door.

Maurice sniffs and wipes a tear away and nods.

Gabriel goes down to the kitchen to make pancakes for breakfast.

Adrien sits down at the table.

‘Good morning Dad’ he says.