PRETENSION - PART 6

Meanwhile, back at the Dupain-Cheng residence, Luka and Marinette had just finished their bean burrito lunch.

‘That was certainly delicious!’ Luka smiled. ‘Your dad is an excellent cook!’

‘Yep, he really is!’ Marinette agreed.

‘Well, it’s 12:30 now, I’d best head over to work at the music shop. I’ve really missed playing the harp’ Luka smiled.

‘I’ve missed hearing you play it!’ Marinette smiled. ‘Think it would be okay if I walk you to work and I could hear you play for a few minutes?’

‘Sure, I’m sure Mr Handel won’t mind’ Luka smiled and nodded.

‘Great, let’s go!’ Marinette smiled as they got up from the kitchen table.

Sabine was enjoying a green tea as she had already finished her lunch before she came upstairs to see the baby corner.

‘Off to work Luka?’ Sabine smiled.

‘Yep!’ Luka smiled.

‘I’m going with him, he’s missed playing the harp and so we’re going to see if Mr Handel would mind if I could listen to him play for a few minutes’ Marinette smiled.

‘Okay, have fun sweeties!’ Sabine smiled as she sipped her tea. ‘I might go for a walk later myself, when it cools down a little.’

‘Great idea Mom!’ Marinette replied as they walked down to the bakery.

‘Thanks again for your help Luka!’ Tom smiled as he handed him a big box of macarons. ‘For you, to share with your family!’ he grinned as Luka opened the box and saw a hero macaron set of 20 macarons.

‘Thank you, you really don’t have to-‘ Luka began as he blushed trying to give the box back, but Tom was insistent

‘Nonsense, we couldn’t have built the furniture so quickly without your help. And before the afternoon rush too! Please take it!’ Tom smiled.

‘Okay, you’re most welcome. And thank you’ Luka smiled.

‘Can we get half a dozen Strawblueberry Delight macarons for the road?’ Marinette asked.