ACTION - PART 4

The next afternoon, Thursday, after school, at the TVi studio, Marinette and all her friends talk to Nadja in her dressing room.

Nadja sighs. ‘I just can't report Bertrand King's practices in my news broadcast.’

Manon draws with crayons as she listens to their conversation.

‘But, why not?’ Mylene pleads.

Nadja sighs. ‘Because Bertrand King is also the king of our TV channel. It's the money from his advertisements that allows us to exist.’

‘But if you don't talk about it, people will never know why the products he sells cause pollution!’ Amber pleads

‘Please, Nadja. Do it for Manon! For the world she'll grow up in!’ Marinette adds.

Nadja hesitates. ‘If I did, the world she'll grow up in will be a world where her mom no longer had a job. I'm sorry, Marinette. As much as I would love to help you and your friends, my hands are tied.’

Manon looks up at Marinette.

‘Are you and mommy mad at each other?’ Manon asks.

Marinette smiles at Manon. ‘Not at all, Manon.’

The group sadly leave the studio.

‘Another dead end...’ Amber says sadly.

‘Don’t worry Amber!’ Mylene replies. ‘When the Environmental Warriors representative comes to film the documentary on Saturday, everything will get out to the public of what a danger too much plastic is!’

‘But with every passing day, more and more plastic is entering the Seine’ Max replies sadly.

‘I know it looks grim, but we mustn’t give up!’ Mylene said determinedly. ‘Someone will listen to us eventually!’

‘But our machine is too weak for all that plastic’ Baljeet added.

‘We’ll all help you fix it, as best as we can!’ Mylène smiled.

‘You’re right Mylene!’ Amber smiled, feeling a little bit happier. ‘Even if it works for five minutes, it’s better than nothing and will still look great for the documentary!’