REACTION (Dhar Mann Inspired Story) - PART 6

MARC'S POV

After promising I wouldn't tell anyone about what I found out about Ann-Marie, I walked slowly home, feeling a little sad for her. I wanted to help her but wasn't sure how to do that. The only thing I could think of was to give her more cookies.

I asked my Mom if we could make more for Ann-Marie and her Dad since she told me they loved them so much. Mom was happy to do so, so we made some more and once they were ready and cooled, I wanted to deliver them straight away. I hurried back to where her Dad's car was, but was surprised to find it gone. I sighed and hoped I would be able to see her in homeroom tomorrow morning and hoped she wasn't going hungry tonight.

 I sighed and hoped I would be able to see her in homeroom tomorrow morning and hoped she wasn't going hungry tonight

NOBODY'S POV

The next day, Thursday morning, Lila took the bus to school. She was most annoyed about not being the Alias ring avatar anymore, and now nobody was asking her for selfies or autographs, or giving her free bus rides.

She put her change into the machine as she got on the bus, took her ticket and sighed as she sat and looked out the window.

She saw Luka waiting outside the bakery to cycle Marinette to school again on his bike. Hmm... Lila thought to herself. I wonder what such a gorgeous guy like him sees in her? Think it's about time I had a little chat with him she smirked to herself. All I need is a reason to stall him without Marinette around... hmm...I have an idea!

As the bus was obviously faster at reaching the school than Luka's bike, she got off the bus one stop past the school, found a grate, took out her keys and waited.

A few minutes later she saw Luka cycling towards her having already dropped Marinette off at her school.

Now for my plan she thought to herself. She "accidentally" drops her keys into the grate.

'Hello! Kind sir!' she calls out and waves looking concerned, as Luka approaches and slowed down to a stop

'I was hoping you'd be able to help me. Clumsy me was walking to school after delivering a care package to a sick friend when I got my handkerchief out of my pocket my keys came out as well and now they're stuck in this grate. Do you think a nice helpful person such as yourself could give me a hand before I'm late to school?' Lila says as she clasps her hands together with pleading eyes.