REVOLUTION - PART 8

Meanwhile, at the Truman residence, Persephone was in her room, lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She couldn’t stop thinking about how Zoe stood up for her after opening night when boarding school was mentioned. She would have expected her to jump at the chance to see her get shipped off to boarding school but instead she asks her parents to think about it? It really confused her as to why Zoe was being so nice to her.

 She would have expected her to jump at the chance to see her get shipped off to boarding school but instead she asks her parents to think about it? It really confused her as to why Zoe was being so nice to her

The landline phone rang, but she didn’t pay much attention to it. She figured one of her sisters would get it since they were home. But a minute later there was a knock on her door.

‘Enter’ Persephone replied as Ashleigh comes in.

‘It’s Mr Hennessy for you’ Ashleigh says, as she hands her the cordless phone.

‘Mr Hennessy?’ she asked with a raised eyebrow. What could he possibly want? Persephone thought to herself as she put the phone up to her ear.

Persephone: “Hello?”

Mr Hennessy: “Persephone, it’s Mr Hennessy. Now, Zoe’s just called in sick and can’t make the last performance tonight. At least it’s early in the day so it gives you all day to prepare yourself.”

Persephone: “You mean you want me to fill in for her? This isn’t some kind of trick is it? Another excuse to humiliate me?”

Mr Hennessy: “I can assure you it’s nothing of the sort Miss Truman. Zoe sounded absolutely horrible on the phone. She says she’s come down with laryngitis. We can’t have Juliet sounding like she’s got a frog in her throat for heaven’s sake. And you sound right as rain. So will you do it?”

Persephone was at a loss for words. If she was confused about why Zoe stood up for her about the boarding school thing, she was even more confused about why she wouldn’t perform in the final performance.

Persephone: “Well...of course....but I...I am grounded so I don’t know if my parents would even let me...”

Mr Hennessy: “I can talk to them, if that’s an issue. The show must go on!”

Persephone: “Okay, you’re right. Well my Dad is home. He’s working from home in his office so I guess we can ask him.”

Mr Hennessy: “Great, I’ll stay on the line.”

Persephone goes and knocks on the door to Howard’s office.