ACTION - PART 1

It’s Monday morning and time for another week of school. Most people are still elated from the fun weekend they had at the Spring Fair. Especially Zoe as she had finally opened her heart to Owen.

She sat at the breakfast table, smiling at her scrambled eggs as she stared into space.

Chloe came and sat down across from her as her orange juice, scrambled eggs, bacon and croissant was served to her.

Zoe hadn’t even noticed her as she sighed happily, thinking about Owen.

She sighed so loudly that Chloe looked at her with a raised eyebrow. ‘Why do you have a far away goofy look on your face for?’ she said as she sipped her orange juice.

‘Hmm?’ Zoe replied, just registering what Chloe had said. ‘Oh, just thinking about my boyfriend...’ Zoe replied.

Chloe almost choked on her orange juice. ‘You? A boyfriend? That’s rich! Why would anyone want a second rate Bourgeois when they could have me, pure perfection! We may have the same mother, but that’s where the similarities end between us. And we both know as the eldest daughter, I’ll be getting way more inheritance than you. In fact, probably even all of it! So this so called boyfriend will have to support you. What a liability...’

Zoe wasn’t even listening to Chloe and had spaced out again. Wondering how this might change the dynamics in Romeo and Juliet rehearsals.

‘Hel-lo! Are you even listening to me?’ Chloe scowled. ‘Ugh, I might as well be talking to myself!’

Zoe finished her breakfast and stood up. ‘Have a nice day at school Chloe’ Zoe smiled politely as she went to get her school bag.

‘Whatever...’ Chloe replied, rolling her eyes as she ate her croissant.

Zoe got to school in her limo as Owen was already there talking to Joshua and Luka. He saw her arrive and smiled warmly at her as she got out of the limo and Zoe blushed as he walked over to her taking her by the hand and kissing her on the cheek as Kevin, Joel, Leon, Travis and a few other students started whispering to each other when they saw this.

Cassandra whispered to Stephen. ‘Isn’t that the guy Persephone had some obsessive crush on and why she got akumatised yesterday?’

‘Yeah, think so. I truly think it’s what could have cost us more votes and the win. Because of her stupid jealousy....’

‘Yeah’ Cassandra agreed.

‘Persephone arrived yet?’ Zoe asked Owen.

‘Haven’t seen her yet sweet girl’ Owen smiled. ‘But when I do she’d better watch out!’

Zoe blushed, feeling so grateful to have a boyfriend who was so protective and hated seeing her hurt.

Amber arrived as well as Jameela. Amber grabbed her hand saying, ‘Bestie! I gotta tell you something! Let’s tell the others all together!’

‘Uh, okay? Where’s the fire?’ Jameela replied as they came running up to Joshua, Luka, and Zoe and Owen who had just joined them.

‘Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys!’ Amber grinned excitedly.

‘Woah, Ambs, cut down on the Fruit Loops for breakfast!” Zoe chuckled.

‘It’s not that Zo! I have exciting news! You won’t believe the email I got this morning!’ Amber replied, jumping up and down.

‘What was it Chika?’ Joshua smiled.

‘Well, you know how my Mom sent off those checks for the donations you guys made to Environmental Warriors for my birthday party?’ Amber smiled.