92.If you don't save my grandson, you will die!

After distributing the food, Lin Cainin caused another scene, but Jiang Lei and Li Chengbin, Zhang Yi's henchmen, gave her a beating.

Then Zhang Yi instructed them to go back to their respective places.

Walking beside him, Zhou Ke'er linked her arm with his and whispered, "The atmosphere in the complex seems a bit off today."

Zhang Yi silently pulled his arm away, asking casually, "Oh, what's going on?"

Zhou Ke'er was momentarily taken aback and quickly realized that Zhang Yi didn't want his hands tied.

It was fine at home, but outside, Zhang Yi was always on alert.

She said, "I just have a strong feeling that there are many eyes watching us, and it's quite intense."

Zhang Yi smiled faintly. "That's not surprising. The appearance of the snowmobile is bound to arouse envy in others. After all, this is the south, and such a rare mode of transportation."

"With it, we can go out to find supplies, which means we can survive. Who wouldn't want to stay alive?"

Zhou Ke'er expressed some concern, "Do you think people from other units might also attack us? I'm afraid it will be very dangerous when that happens."

Upon hearing this, Zhang Yi looked around and, noticing that no one was nearby, lowered his voice, saying, "Aren't there plenty of cannon fodder? And besides, no matter how capable they are, breaking into our place is harder than ascending to heaven."

Zhou Ke'er smiled, "But when people are desperate, no one knows what they might do!"

Zhang Yi nodded, "You make a good point."

While the two of them were talking, Zhang Yi habitually scanned his surroundings. After all, they couldn't afford to have others overhear their conversation.

But it was this vigilant look that made him suddenly notice a black slit at the corner of his eye.

As they passed by the 13th floor, the stairwell door revealed a gap.

A blood-red eye peered through the crack, fixed intently on him!

"Who is it?"

Zhang Yi's muscles tightened all over his body, and although he was very brave, this sudden development made him nervous.

The stairwell door "slammed" open.

A disheveled woman screamed as she rushed out, wielding a bloodstained kitchen knife and slashing toward his head.

"Ahh!"

Zhou Ke'er screamed in terror.

Zhang Yi quickly pushed Zhou Ke'er to the side. Due to the reaction force, his body also tilted to one side.

The strike missed its target in mid-air.

However, the deranged woman continued wielding the knife and came at Zhang Yi.

Who knew that Zhang Yi would roll down along the staircase just as she was about to strike him?

Since he was wearing thick clothing and a bulletproof vest underneath, he wasn't worried about injuring himself.

He rolled down several flights of stairs before his body came to a stop.

It was only at this point that he realized the woman was none other than Mrs. Lin, who had been missing for a long time!

But Mrs. Lin wouldn't relent. She lifted her knife, her bloodshot eyes locked on him.

"Zhang Yi, I'm going to make you pay for my grandson!"

"You damn old man!"

Zhang Yi had calmed himself down. He reached into his extra-dimensional space with his right hand, pulling out a long and thick pry bar, and swung it directly at her.

The staircase was narrow, and Mrs. Lin had no room to dodge. Her tiny kitchen knife had no chance against Zhang Yi's weapon.

In the face of the pry bar, she instinctively tried to avoid it, and it struck her shoulder instead.

"Crack!"

Zhang Yi heard the sound of bones breaking.

Mrs. Lin was feeble, and the blows rained down heavily on her. She was knocked to the stairs, utterly powerless to resist. Even so, she still clung to the blood-stained kitchen knife, her eyes glaring viciously at Zhang Yi.

"Kill you! Avenge my grandson!"

Zhang Yi looked down at her coldly, then raised the pry bar and struck hard at her hand.

In the bitter cold, human bodies proved to be rather fragile. With this blow, all three of her fingers were crushed, and her knife clattered to the ground.

"Ahhh!"

Her pig-like screams echoed in the stairwell.

Members of the patrol team heard the commotion and rushed over to investigate. Upon seeing Zhang Yi and Mrs. Lin, they couldn't help but exclaim, "Zhang Big Brother, what's going on?"

Zhang Yi coldly said, "This old lady wanted to kill me!"

Hearing this, they cursed loudly, "This old woman deserves to die!"

"Zhang Big Brother is now the hope of our entire building. She wants to kill you. We might as well kill her, as she's already gone mad."

Indeed, Mrs. Lin had been insane for quite some time, often spouting nonsense in the group chat.

Zhang Yi said, "You all go back. I'll handle this."

The others didn't dare defy Zhang Yi's wishes and obediently left the scene.

Zhou Ke'er stood on the stairs, covering her mouth with her hands, watching Zhang Yi with a worried expression. "Zhang Yi, you're not injured, are you?"

Zhang Yi pointed at Mrs. Lin's head and said coldly, "With her, there's no way I could get injured."

Mrs. Lin stubbornly raised her head, glaring at Zhang Yi with spiteful eyes. "Zhang Yi, you deserve to die! You deserve to die!"

"It was you who killed my grandson, and you'll definitely go to hell!"

Zhang Yi didn't rush to take action. Instead, he calmly asked, "Your grandson wasn't killed by me. So why are you trying to get revenge on me?"

Mrs. Lin's timing was remarkably skillful. It was clear she had planned it in advance, waiting for an opportunity to ambush Zhang Yi when she knew he was returning at that moment. And Zhang Yi was talking to Zhou Ke'er and momentarily distracted, giving her that chance. Otherwise, with Zhang Yi's vigilance, he wouldn't have missed the issue with the door crack.

At this moment, Zhang Yi wanted to ask this crazy woman why she was targeting him.

Mrs. Lin continued to glare at Zhang Yi, her eyes full of resentment and her words full of venom. She muttered through clenched teeth, spitting with fury, resembling a rabid dog.

"My grandson was killed by you! You should die! You deserve to die a thousand deaths! I wish I could drink your blood and eat your flesh, slowly biting you to death!"

Zhang Yi's expression remained calm.

"But I don't remember killing your grandson. Strictly speaking, I'm your benefactor."

"Your grandson was kicked to death by Chen Zhenghao's men, and I helped you kill Chen Zhenghao. You should be grateful to me."

Mrs. Lin was briefly stunned. Then she became even more furious because she realized that Zhang Yi made a valid point. But how could a woman, especially an unreasonable one, admit she was wrong?

"Don't act like a good person here! My grandson wasn't dead at the time; he died later because there was no medicine to treat him. You refused to lend me medicine, and that's why he died. You're the mastermind!"

Mrs. Lin's vitriolic words, coupled with her bloodshot eyes, turned her into a monstrous demon.