86.big sniper rifle

After Zhang Yi finished speaking, the neighbors contemplated the pros and cons.

Someone asked, "Zhang Yi, it's understandable that you and Zhou Keren don't have to take shifts. But why doesn't Uncle You have to take a shift? He's clearly the best at fighting!"

Zhang Yi stared at him and said slowly, "It's precisely because Uncle You is a crucial combat force that he needs to conserve his energy, waiting for crucial battles. Do you understand?"

This explanation was somewhat far-fetched, but no one dared to challenge Zhang Yi's words.

In reality, Zhang Yi's true intention was to ensure Uncle You's safety.

The others would be on the frontlines, responsible for defending against attackers from other buildings, essentially cannon fodder or, to put it more politely, expendable.

But Uncle You was skilled, kind-hearted, and straightforward. He was Zhang Yi's ideal right-hand man, and, of course, Zhang Yi wanted to keep him alive for future service.

Once the arrangements were made, Zhang Yi instructed the neighbors to return to their respective homes, leaving only those on duty near the fourth floor.

Defending the fourth floor was essential because anyone trying to attack their building had to pass through here, whether by digging tunnels from below or entering through the fourth-floor windows. By securing this area, they could promptly detect any incoming enemies.

After the others had gone upstairs, Zhang Yi led Zhou Keren back.

He wouldn't expose his back to people he didn't trust.

At this moment, there was no one else around.

Xie Limei, who hadn't heard Zhang Yi mention the food for their family, couldn't help but ask, "Zhang Yi, did you forget about our family's food?"

Zhang Yi raised his head and looked at Xie Limei, a hint of icy amusement in his eyes.

Uncle You hurriedly pulled her arm and whispered, "What are you saying?"

Xie Limei said, "Uncle You contributed the most, and you aren't giving him anything? Isn't that a bit..."

Zhang Yi said, "I brought back more than just these supplies. The ones I'm giving to others are of lower quality; I've kept the good stuff!"

"Uncle You, come to my place later."

Hearing this, Xie Limei immediately put on a smile.

"I knew you wouldn't let him work for nothing!"

Uncle You gave her a side-eye. "I've told you before, Zhang Yi is a trustworthy person!"

Zhang Yi smiled without saying anything.

After returning home, Zhang Yi took a box of instant noodles from his pocket and placed it at the doorstep. He then told Uncle You to come and pick it up in ten minutes.

Upon entering the room, Zhang Yi quickly took off his winter coat.

"Clang!"

The frying pan inside the jacket made a sound as it dropped to the floor.

Zhou Keren picked up the frying pan with a smile. "There probably isn't even a ghost outside, and yet you're so cautious!"

Zhang Yi smiled faintly. "I won't need this anymore."

He had found something better.

Police-grade bulletproof vests were not only close-fitting but also safe.

Returning to his warm house, Zhang Yi felt a deeper sense of happiness.

When going out, he faced temperatures well below -70 degrees, and even though he wore a winter coat, the cold was still palpable, especially when riding a motorcycle.