3.shopping

Zhang Yi's attitude towards Fang Yuqing was exceedingly indifferent.

Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining also sensed that something was amiss.

However, after mistaking Zhang Yi for a hidden wealthy scion, not only did they not get upset by his demeanor, but they even approached him proactively.

"Huh, Zhang Yi, were you just eating at this restaurant?" Lin Caining casually inquired.

Zhang Yi's eyebrows slightly furrowed. This woman wasn't any good either; she was cut from the same cloth as Fang Yuqing.

After all, she had her share in betraying him by poisoning his food and causing his death.

"Yes."

Zhang Yi replied coldly, then stuffed his hands into his pockets and headed towards the supermarket.

Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining quickly followed.

"Zhang Yi, where are you going?"

Fang Yuqing asked with a gentle smile.

"To the supermarket."

Zhang Yi's voice remained chilly, tinged with impatience.

If it weren't for the desire to let her experience the despair of the apocalypse, Zhang Yi would have killed her already.

Fang Yuqing exchanged a glance with Lin Caining and hastily said, "What a coincidence, we were planning to buy some things too. It's on the way!"

Zhang Yi had figured it out by now.

They must have seen him dining lavishly at the Michelin three-star restaurant, leading them to believe he was some sort of hidden wealthy scion.

Hence, their sudden enthusiasm towards him.

He didn't feel like wasting his time talking to them, so he walked straight towards the supermarket.

Yet, the more he acted this way, the more Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining were convinced he was a wealthy scion.

Otherwise, why would he be so overbearing?

The two of them trailed beside Zhang Yi, with Fang Yuqing even walking beside him, occasionally making deliberate contact.

Whenever Zhang Yi glanced at her, she'd feign shyness, turning her head away with blushing cheeks, as if she were genuinely coy.

Zhang Yi inwardly sneered.

What a great actress you are, a true green tea. If you were in the movies, you'd surely win an Oscar for Best Actress.

Upon entering the supermarket, Zhang Yi grabbed a shopping cart and began moving through the aisles.

Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining hurriedly pushed their carts behind him.

"Zhang Yi, were you having a meal with someone?" Fang Yuqing asked, smiling.

Zhang Yi headed to the food section, his tone still frigid. "Can't I eat alone?"

Fang Yuqing's eyes lit up as she quickly said, "Oh, no, that's not what I meant. It's just that the things here are quite expensive. I thought you were treating someone to a meal!"

Lin Caining couldn't help but ask, "Zhang Yi, your monthly salary is only a bit over ten thousand, right? This meal would cost you half a year's salary."

"Seems like you have quite a bit of money saved up at home."

Fang Yuqing shot Lin Caining a glare.

Idiot, how can you ask such a question?

As a top-tier green tea, the most important rule was: talk about feelings with the wealthy, and talk about money with the poor.

Lin Caining realized her mistake and quickly tried to rectify it.

"Hahaha, I was just joking. We're all good friends, so money doesn't really matter."

Meanwhile, Zhang Yi paid them no mind.

He reached the food section and gazed at the myriad products on the shelves, feeling like he had entered a treasure trove.

In his previous life, he had experienced eating instant noodles for two days straight.

Hence, he had an infinite desire for food.

Zhang Yi walked up to the shelves and started loading up his cart with various items.

Ham sausages, instant noodles, self-heating hot pots, and condiments—all went into his cart in bulk.

This action left Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining dumbfounded.

"Zhang Yi, are you... planning to go camping or something? Why are you buying so much food?"

"Yeah."

Zhang Yi answered flatly.

Lin Caining had her doubts and whispered to Fang Yuqing, "Would a wealthy scion bring these things for camping?"

Fang Yuqing was also puzzled, but thinking of the Michelin three-star feast, she didn't want to give up the idea of Zhang Yi being a wealthy scion.

She approached Zhang Yi and warmly offered, "Do you need any help?"

With free labor at her disposal, Zhang Yi had no reason not to take advantage.

And looking at Fang Yuqing's sweet smile and pretended innocence, a vengeful thought formed in Zhang Yi's mind.

He wanted to make Fang Yuqing aware that he had stocked up on a lot of supplies.

And when the apocalypse arrived and she came to beg him, he would reject her ruthlessly!

A slight curve appeared at the corner of Zhang Yi's lips. "Sure, help me push the cart!"

Fang Yuqing quickly agreed.

Zhang Yi also instructed Lin Caining to grab another cart.

Although suspicion clouded their minds, they obeyed.

Zhang Yi went to settle the bill, and this purchase amounted to over ten thousand.

He paid without hesitation.

After all, in the apocalypse, the value of these supplies would increase tens of thousands of times!

Given that Zhang Yi bought quite a lot, the supermarket readily lent him a cart.

Zhang Yi directed the two women to help him transport the goods, capitalizing on their free labor.

Though they complained about fatigue, Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining were rejuvenated by Zhang Yi's promise to treat them to a lavish meal later.

Thus, the trio, pushing three heavily laden carts, returned to their community amidst curious gazes from passersby.