46.high voltage electricity

The people had arrived at Zhang Yi's doorstep, holding umbrellas. However, DragonGuard Security, the company that had installed numerous pinhole cameras on this floor, was particularly thorough in their surveillance.

They could capture the actions of the newcomers from various angles.

After the group arrived at the door, Zhang Yi noticed one person taking out several shiny metal tools from their pocket.

Then, they inserted these tools into the keyhole of his security door.

"Lock picking?"

Zhang Yi raised an eyebrow slightly but didn't seem to be concerned. If his security door could be easily picked, then the professionals at DragonGuard Security might as well quit their jobs.

Besides being world-class in terms of security, the door had been equipped with five layers of defense.

To open the outermost lock, one needed to be a world-class locksmith. Not to mention, there were physical barriers installed inside.

The more complex something was, the simpler the solution to unlock it, and simple things were the most challenging to deal with.

For instance, Zhang Yi's door.

As he had never intended to leave his apartment, he had inserted a 10cm diameter steel rod into the door handles!

Unless someone used a car to continuously ram it, it wouldn't budge through manual force alone.

Moreover, Zhang Yi had anticipated such an attempt and added a special defense mechanism.

Zhang Yi watched the surveillance feed on his television, then pulled out his phone, opening the control app for his safe room. With a gentle tap, a massive current surged through the door!

The person who had been focused on lock picking, Lu Tao, let out a miserable scream as the powerful electric current coursed through his body!

His companions, standing nearby, turned pale and quickly retreated.

"Help... help me!"

Lu Tao's distorted face pleaded with his companions for help.

The powerful electric current clamped onto him like a pair of pliers, and he couldn't break free.

Fang Yuqing, Zhou Peng, and the others watched in shock.

They hadn't expected this situation to occur and didn't have the appropriate insulating tools.

Soon, blue smoke rose from Lu Tao's body, emitting a burnt odor.

It was clear he wouldn't survive.

"Ah!!!"

Fang Yuqing, Lin Caining, and the others outside screamed.

Witnessing someone die in front of them was an immensely shocking experience.

Inside the apartment, Zhang Yi's lips curled slightly.

For some inexplicable reason, he felt a strange satisfaction.

But who could they blame for this?

They had come to his apartment with malicious intent, so they brought this upon themselves!

Wang Min and the others were horrified, and their plan to break in had failed.

Sun Zhichao and Lu Tao had been close friends for years, and witnessing his brutal death filled Sun Zhichao's eyes with rage.

"Zhang Yi, you damn son of a bitch, get out here!"

He picked up an iron shovel and swung it towards Zhang Yi's door with a loud "clang."

The sound echoed throughout several floors, but the massive metal door didn't show the slightest dent or damage.

After the paint peeled off the surface, it revealed the thick alloy beneath.

Zhang Yi came to the door, hands in his pockets, and smirked, "Trying to break into my place? Aren't you looking for trouble?!"

He shook his head and sighed, "Hey, isn't it good to be alive?"

Hearing Zhang Yi's taunts, the people outside were both shocked and furious.

Wang Min yelled, "Zhang Yi, we originally came to discuss living together with you in a friendly manner. How can you resort to killing? You're even worse than Chen Zhenghao; you're a murderer!"

Hearing a woman's voice, Zhang Yi realized that the people outside weren't Chen Zhenghao's group, but he still had no remorse for killing Lu Tao, as he believed such people deserved it.

He then realized who these people were.

It must be Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining's group!

After all, they were the only ones who knew about the comfort in Zhang Yi's home.

Zhang Yi's expression turned cold, and he scolded them without hesitation, "Are you pretending? Clearly, you came to my house, tried to break in, and wanted to steal my apartment. Your deaths are your own fault!"

"Still, you dare to bark here? It's hilarious!"

Sun Zhichao pretended to remain calm.

"Zhang Yi, we have no ill intentions. We just want to talk to you. But instead of telling us directly, you killed our good friend, Lu Tao, without explanation. Isn't that too much?"

"Are you not going to explain yourself to us?"

Zhang Yi laughed heartily.

"Just here to talk to me? You barge into my place uninvited, trying to break in, and now you call it talking? Hmph, once you break in, the next step would probably be to kill me or kick me out, leaving me to fend for myself."

"Then you'll enjoy the safe room I've prepared with so much effort, right?"

The group exchanged glances; indeed, that had been their initial plan.

Sun Zhichao's brows furrowed deeper. The tragic death of his good friend Lu Tao made him loathe Zhang Yi more than ever.

However, their top priority now was to figure out how to break in.

He took a deep breath and shouted, "Zhang Yi, we're giving you one last chance! Open the door and let us in. Otherwise, the consequences will be something you can't bear!"

Fang Yuqing also shouted from outside, "Zhang

Yi, we won't harm you. We just want to live together and face the catastrophe as a group. Don't you understand goodwill?"

Lin Caining joined in, "That's right. We can even let you stay in the master bedroom and provide you with supplies first!"

At this moment, they were all very emotional.

Because on the other side of the wall lay paradise, and they had been waiting for so long.

Zhang Yi sneered at their words.

"Have you all lost your minds? This home was originally mine, yet you act as if you're the masters distributing it."

"If you have the ability, just come in and see if you can break in!"

As he spoke, Zhang Yi didn't sit idly by.

He had already loaded bullets into his pistol and held his crossbow in hand.

The hunt was about to begin.

Through the surveillance system, he could clearly see everything outside and even hear their hushed conversations.

Sun Zhichao and the others huddled together, discussing their next move.

Among them, Ge Jialiang, the most timid one, nervously asked, "What should we do? Now that Lu Tao is dead, no one can pick the lock. Should we retreat? What if we attract Chen Zhenghao's attention?"

However, Sun Zhichao cursed, "What are you afraid of? We're on the 24th floor; even if Chen Zhenghao and his group come up, they'll be exhausted. They'll target the lower floors first if they want to kill and plunder."

Wang Min had a serious expression. "This Zhang Yi is indeed hard to deal with. He seems to have known about the apocalypse in advance, and his equipment is well-prepared."