55.Neighbors want to kill Zhang Yi

After much contemplation, Zhou Keren eventually acquiesced.

Her moral compass and conscience forbade her from becoming a base individual.

However, in her eyes, the neighbors' decision to plunder Zhang Yi out of jealousy was even more despicable.

So, she chose to aid Zhang Yi.

Zhang Yi remarked, "Very well, I must first see some valuable intelligence from you, and then I shall provide what you desire. The next steps will depend on your performance!"

Zhou Keren replied, "Yes, I understand."

She was a woman of kind disposition, yet far from foolish. She would never naively demand unconditional assistance from Zhang Yi.

Their conversation came to an end at this juncture.

Zhang Yi cast a glance at the large group chat, where messages numbered 99+ and continued to mention him, subjecting him to moral coercion and intimidation.

"Zhang Yi, where have you vanished to? Provide us with an answer promptly, will you surrender the supplies or not!"

Impatience had already gripped some.

A wry smile curled at the corners of Zhang Yi's lips. It seemed they were intent on assaulting his home.

"To hell with all of you!"

Zhang Yi responded with a laugh.

Immediately, the group erupted into a cacophony of curses and vulgarities.

Zhang Yi paid it no mind. If they had the mettle, they could come over!

By now, he had already tried his hand at taking lives, and there was no hint of remorse. Thus, he had no qualms about taking more.

"Very well, Zhang Yi, you've brought this upon yourself!"

"But do not dare claim that we didn't offer you a chance, you selfish and base scoundrel!"

"From this moment onward, you shall bear the consequences of everything that unfolds!"

The tirade gradually subsided.

There was no need to speculate; they were undoubtedly forming a plan akin to how they had dealt with Chen Zhenghao earlier, sidestepping Zhang Yi as they created a separate chat group.

Their purpose was clear: to strategize on how to attack Zhang Yi's residence.

Zhang Yi drew a deep breath, and a hint of both nervousness and excitement flickered in his gaze. He was so stirred that his body began to tremble slightly.

Even though he knew his home was an impenetrable fortress, facing an assault by over a hundred individuals without a trace of nervousness would be nothing short of deceitful.

Yet that exhilarating sensation kindled the fiery passion within Zhang Yi.

Oh, how he had longed to personally mete out retribution to those ungrateful curs who had once feasted upon his shares!

A glint of steely resolve flashed in Zhang Yi's eyes.

"Let however many come as they may!"

...

As Zhang Yi had foreseen, the neighbors, realizing that he wouldn't yield his supplies, were infuriated!

Sun Zhichao established a new group chat, adding all the surviving homeowners except Zhang Yi.

They even included Chen Zhenghao.

Upon seeing Chen Zhenghao, some shuddered in trepidation.

However, Chen Zhenghao took the initiative to speak, "Ladies and gentlemen, our primary objective now is to confront Zhang Yi. The supplies in his home likely exceed the total of all our possessions!"