62.Live broadcast a feast for neighbors

"Open the door! Open the door!"

"I'm Chen Zhenghao. I want to switch rooms with you. Open the door quickly, or I'll shoot!"

Inside the room, a young couple huddled together in fear.

"What should we do? They've come to take our house. I'm afraid we won't even be able to keep the little food we have left."

The wife looked at her husband with despair in her eyes.

The husband, a bespectacled office worker, held his wife and said, "Don't be afraid; it'll be okay. If they want the house, let's give it to them."

"Right, let's hide the remaining food in our clothes."

The two of them concealed what little food they had left in their clothes and then nervously opened the door.

Upon seeing the menacing Chen Zhenghao and his men outside, the man swallowed hard and said, "Brother Hao, this house is now yours. We'll leave right away!"

With that, he started to leave with his wife.

Before they could take more than a couple of steps, one of Chen Zhenghao's henchmen smirked and raised a steel rod.

*Thud!*

After a muffled sound, the man fell to the ground, his eyes filled with disbelief as he lost consciousness.

He couldn't comprehend why they had been attacked. They had willingly given up the house.

The woman, in shock, watched her husband on the ground, blood rapidly darkening the floor.

"Ahhhh!"

She covered her mouth and let out a piercing scream.

Another blow struck her on the head.

Two of Chen Zhenghao's men approached and without a word, mercilessly beat the couple.

Zhou Ke'er, overwhelmed with fear, clamped her hand over her mouth. Witnessing her first murder, her nerves had been shattered. Even her strong hospital background couldn't keep her calm in such a situation.

Chen Zhenghao merely glanced at her and sneered, "It's a cold day, and we need to store some food. It's better to have it now, just in case we run out later."

After committing multiple murders, he had lost all reverence for life.

Furthermore, there was one thing Chen Zhenghao refused to admit. The fear had crept into his heart after Zhang Yi had put a bounty on him and he'd been attacked. This drove him to use more brutal means to subdue the homeowners of each floor, making them submit.

Zhou Ke'er, her disgust and fear kept in check, remained silent.

Chen Zhenghao casually walked into the apartment and ordered his henchmen to dispose of the two people.

In the following days, Zhang Yi could always hear the tinkling sounds of tools from the neighboring room. He knew that it was Chen Zhenghao and his group searching for any vulnerabilities in his apartment.

In addition, those men took turns monitoring the front door and back window of Zhang Yi's home.

Chen Zhenghao believed that at some point, Zhang Yi would have to come out, perhaps to dispose of garbage or collect melted snow. And when that opportunity arose, they would seize it to kill Zhang Yi and take everything that belonged to him.

However, he failed to grasp that Zhang Yi had access to a massive pocket dimension, and a water source was not an issue.

Yet, Zhang Yi indeed found it inconvenient to open windows to dispose of garbage. Chen Zhenghao had guns, and he wasn't willing to risk that danger.