83.intruder

Zhang Yi said calmly, "It's indeed hard to find supplies outside. As soon as I stepped out, I visited all the supermarkets and malls I could remember in the vicinity."

"But, the surrounding malls had already been looted, and there was hardly anything left."

"But I didn't give up. I knew everyone was waiting for me. To ensure that everyone could eat, I was determined to find food, even if it meant searching the whole of Tianhai City."

"In the end, I managed to gather this much from a mall," Zhang Yi said as he handed the two bags to Uncle You. Then, he went back upstairs with Zhou Ker to bring them down.

Afterward, he sent a message to the group to call his neighbors over to collect the food.

Soon, the neighbors came rushing in.

The staircase was filled, floor by floor, with neighbors who were lean and hungry. They stared at the bags in Zhang Yi's hands with anticipation and greed, their eyes locked onto what was inside.

Some of them were getting restless, even considering rushing forward to grab the supplies.

But when they noticed the dark metal object in Zhang Yi's right hand, they backed off in fear.

Zhang Yi squinted and smiled, "Getting these supplies for you wasn't an easy task."

He signaled for Zhou Ker to open the bags.

Following his orders, she unzipped the bags and emptied the contents onto the ground.

"Rustle!"

A large pile of food appeared before them. There were vegetables, meat, bread, and biscuits. While the quality left much to be desired, most of it was the kind that dogs wouldn't touch in normal times.

However, in their current state of extreme hunger, these neighbors stared at the food with excitement in their eyes, as if they were seeing a feast.

Uncle You raised his fist and shouted, "Long live Zhang Yi! Long live Zhang Yi!"

The neighbors quickly understood and chanted along, raising their fists as well.

"Long live Zhang Yi! Long live Zhang Yi!"

"Zhang Yi, you're our great hero!"

"Big brother, from now on, you're my real brother. Please accept my kowtow!"

At this moment, Zhang Yi could have asked them to crawl over to him like dogs, and they would have done it willingly. The temptation of food was just too great.

In the crowd, Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining struggled to push their way through.

Both of them were in a miserable state, with greasy, disheveled hair, looking like two madwomen.

Seeing the large amount of food Zhang Yi had brought back, Fang Yuqing waved excitedly and shouted, "Zhang Yi, big brother, it's me, Yuqing!"

She looked at Zhang Yi, who appeared to her as a hero, with deep admiration. Even now, she still believed that Zhang Yi loved her, even with Zhou Ker around, and that he hadn't forgotten about her. So she was confident that he would save some of the food for her.

Lin Caining followed her and pleaded, "Yuqing, we're best friends, right? Help me ask Zhang Yi for some extra food later!"

Fang Yuqing pushed Lin Caining away with disgust. "Get lost! You shameless woman!"

The commotion caught Zhang Yi's attention, and he frowned.

Someone immediately roared at them, "Stop causing trouble and listen to Big Brother Zhang!"